Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

Bug tracker is at https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... les/issues, also 1.13 support is currently still experimental/work in progress, so check the other bugs first.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

AlterAl2 wrote:1/ Is there a bugtracker for this campain ? or only this forum ?
Yes, but please use this forum thread.
AlterAl2 wrote:Loading the campain on 1.13.8 (aka 1.14.beta1) via the extension interfaces , load the campain, and then just crashes wesnoth.
Is there something i can do to help fixing this?
If the game crashes, then it's a bug in the game. Try to use the GitHub version instead of the one on the server, it works much better. But there still can be bugs (game crash bugs are hard to foretell).
angrynarwhal wrote:Is the multi-Beelz-summon fix on Github?
I have found an error in the multispawn preventing code. Fixed on github.
angrynarwhal wrote: Pretty easy to milk him for XP whether he can be summoned once or many times.
He is supposed to be greatly beneficial.

#Nerfs
What could be done:
  • half the health gain from murderlust or make its gain difficulty-dependent
  • half the health gain of leech on hard, make it gain 1/10 of damage on easy, 1/15 on normal and 1/20 on hard
  • remove absorb (4) altogether, maybe also absorb (2) to prevent stacking
  • weaken most numeric properties of (almost) all items, since it's clear that enemy power lags behind the power of items
What do you guys say?
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

remove absorb (4) altogether, maybe also absorb (2) to prevent stacking
How is it possible to get absorb (4)? I know the ability is defined but theres no item or amla I know of that gives this.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

About the nerfs, I think what should be done is making all item's numeric properties a difficulty dependent value, because from what I have seen, not all of the items affected by that.

Maybe reducing the player's starting gold on most scenarios could work to prevent the player from buying rare gems from the merchant with their gold to craft powerful items.

Oh yeah, about the gold, I think in the scenario when Efraim and Lethalia first met Argan, the village income could be disabled since the scenario doesn't have early finish bonus, some players could decide to wait until the turn number reaches 100 then moves Efraim to win the scenario to gain gold while waiting.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Paulomat4 wrote:
remove absorb (4) altogether, maybe also absorb (2) to prevent stacking
How is it possible to get absorb (4)? I know the ability is defined but theres no item or amla I know of that gives this.
By combining absorb(1) and absorb(3) on a unit (different values of absorb stack, at least the last time I tried). I'd rather suggest nerfing the remaining options to get absorb(3) (which, I think, are only Dugi's Ward and Duelist Wizard AMLAs) - at least on hard - down to two. Then it is not possible to get more than absorb(3) by combining the remaining two.

Concerning murderlust: Halving the value would make it the same as killhunger of e.g. the Reaper. Not sure what would be a good option here. But changing it in interaction with difficulty sounds better than nothing (I'd suggest 8/7/6 and/or raising the gem prices of the weapon).

Leech: sounds like a good solution -> it still has value for strong hits but very little on many weaker ones, making it more distinct from suck (which is strong on many attacks).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi, I need a fly swatter :augh::
Spoiler:
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

About absorb
(I'd suggest 8/7/6 and/or raising the gem prices of the weapon).
Sounds like really good values, but I'd do both (8/7/6 and slightly raise the price, as it's really cheap right now.)
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Err, I would like to report a bug, my Efraim have lost all of it advancement and items in scenario "Any Means Necessary".

Also, I would like to say that scenario Bitter Swamp and First Confrontation are too easy, I suggest make the map larger so the protagonist could not catch up to the enemy leader in a few turns and make the enemies recruit's more harder. The scenario Entering the Desert also too easy, I've manage to finish it before the ghost starts spawning from the pit, that makes the dialogue a bit weird, since the unit that move to the pit says "They keep appearing from this pit!" while not any ghost have appeared yet.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Paulomat4 wrote:How is it possible to get absorb (4)? I know the ability is defined but theres no item or amla I know of that gives this.
I thought Efraim had an advancement for that.
ZIM wrote:About the nerfs, I think what should be done is making all item's numeric properties a difficulty dependent value, because from what I have seen, not all of the items affected by that.
Most are. The idea was to make them more depend more and make more properties depend on it.
Maybe reducing the player's starting gold on most scenarios could work to prevent the player from buying rare gems from the merchant with their gold to craft powerful items.
If chapter 3 is the case, it's a bug in 1.12 that isn't going to be fixed on 1.12 versions.
By combining absorb(1) and absorb(3) on a unit (different values of absorb stack, at least the last time I tried). I'd rather suggest nerfing the remaining options to get absorb(3) (which, I think, are only Dugi's Ward and Duelist Wizard AMLAs) - at least on hard - down to two. Then it is not possible to get more than absorb(3) by combining the remaining two.
I'll think of it.
Whiskeyjack wrote:Concerning murderlust: Halving the value would make it the same as killhunger of e.g. the Reaper. Not sure what would be a good option here. But changing it in interaction with difficulty sounds better than nothing (I'd suggest 8/7/6 and/or raising the gem prices of the weapon).
Okay.
SkyOne wrote:@Dugi, I need a fly swatter :augh::
Careful not to leave too many corpses behind and hurry up.
ZIM wrote:Err, I would like to report a bug, my Efraim have lost all of it advancement and items in scenario "Any Means Necessary".
Can you please provide a save file?
ZIM wrote:Also, I would like to say that scenario Bitter Swamp and First Confrontation are too easy, I suggest make the map larger so the protagonist could not catch up to the enemy leader in a few turns and make the enemies recruit's more harder.
How about giving them larger castles instead?
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

ZIM wrote:Err, I would like to report a bug, my Efraim have lost all of it advancement and items in scenario "Any Means Necessary".
Nevermind, I have found the cause. The cause is in scenario The Speech. In that scenario Efraim gets killed accidentally. It seems that the kill command supposed to kill the royal guards. I've changed the coordinate to fix it.
Dugi wrote:
ZIM wrote:Also, I would like to say that scenario Bitter Swamp and First Confrontation are too easy, I suggest make the map larger so the protagonist could not catch up to the enemy leader in a few turns and make the enemies recruit's more harder.
How about giving them larger castles instead?
Ehm, that would suffice, but maybe you could also buff the dragon and the drakes since they're very weak to Lethalia's faerie fire.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I don't think Murderlust is that powerful, especially long term. I see the point about it being very useful in the early stages, but that is the only time I consider using that crafted weapon. It also requires the kill, so doesn't work if you get swarmed by several enemies and cannot kill them all (probably because of being slowed).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nevermind, I have found the cause. The cause is in scenario The Speech. In that scenario Efraim gets killed accidentally. It seems that the kill command supposed to kill the royal guards. I've changed the coordinate to fix it.
I have fixed it too. Now it removes Royal Guards, not units on spots that Royal Guards were supposed to occupy. Thanks for having debugged it.
Ehm, that would suffice, but maybe you could also buff the dragon and the drakes since they're very weak to Lethalia's faerie fire.
Enlarged the castles. Messing up with resistances could break plans for many. I don't like mid-scenario plan-breaking surprises.
dabber wrote:I don't think Murderlust is that powerful, especially long term.
Maybe others are using it more efficiently.

EDIT: My laptop broke. I have not lost any data, but doing stuff will be a bit annoying before I buy a replacement.
EDIT #2: I have bought a new one, so things should be okay now.
CROdikan

Post by CROdikan »

Round damage doesn't work, im using latest (GitHub) version... I tried reinstalling the game but i always get same error. Edit: Im using 1.12.6 version of Wesnoth
Spoiler:
Last edited by CROdikan on June 18th, 2017, 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Which version of wesnoth are you using @CROdikan?

Image for everyone else:
Spoiler:
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Is that's 1.13 and above? If it is can some please tell me why that happens to me when I play on 1.13. It maybe because the add-on was out or the fact that the sort of stuff doesn't work as well or in the same way on 1.13(.6). I hope someone can explain to me about why this happens.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!