Trapped 1.13 - The Zombie returns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Trapped

Post by ForestDragon »

Great! :) glad to see that you haven't abandoned this campaign. anyway, bugreport: when I upgrade items, their name in the shop changes, but the attack's name stays the same. (to fix this, you can add an [effect] with a 'set_name' value). Also, the victory in the first arena battle (with the wolves) is triggered when 3 wolves die, instead of all 4
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Wow thanks for the quick feedback. Yeah, the wolf thing is intended, you will win if 3 wolves are defeated. Because the 4th wolf just appears in hard and nightmare. Usually they should have 'nightstalk', so the guards believe that they let in 3 wolves. You can by the way win the battle, if you survive ten rounds.

I will make the suggested changes and some let's say cosmetic later.
I need a break, after 8 hours of coding and testing.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ok, understood. Btw, the whole new 'kilma love story' thing is really underwhelming. There could be a lot more dialog to be honest (for example, it would be better if she had more unique reactions instead of just 'Impressive!'). Btw, another proposed option to increase affection with Kilma: "I am <censored>ing rich!" 8) (Maybe not exactly using words I spoken, but you get the idea :P ). Basically, as someone in a group desperate for supplies/money, I don't believe kilma would find a guy with like 9999 gold (if the player has roughly this much :P ) not attractive at all :P
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Heindal

Re: Trapped 1.1

Post by Heindal »

Current: Version 1.1 out now for 1.12 and 1.13

- bugfixes considering giving gold in a new scenario, results and weaponupgrades
- btw. weaponupgrades already gave the name, but you have to change the description in order to see it
- extended lovestory with more choices and better (funnier) reactions of kilma
- now 5 deeds are needed to convince her, some are hidden so being clever can help here
- once 'befriended' Kilma can join your fighting group
- Kilma will be teleported to the arena as the other teammembers
- Kilma can't die, if she is defeated and you are leaving the map you can hire her again
- wording changes - sigh this will probably never stop
- changed futurepath to finally get a futurepath for every possible ending
- compatibility to wesnoth version 13
- most important: chef clensy now has a fine hat and his alliteration has been marvelously extended
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

spelling issue: kilma says 'You are handsome, i admit! But I don't know who you are, yet. Show me who ou are!', while it should be 'You are handsome, i admit! But I don't know who you are, yet. Show me who you are!'

EDIT: also, in image paths, you use '\', making quite a few images not render on Linux. Change it to '/'

btw, the new kilma dialog is a nice improvement.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Fixed in Trapped 1.11 - uploaded to both versions.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hello Heindal,

I tried this on easy, using 1.13.8+ (maybe a week behind master development version)
some errors:
Some other comments:
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi doofus,

thanks for playing, the comment and bug reports. I will fix the mentioned bugs on the weekend.

1. Considering disappearing people --> these are wandering npcs. They move around, when you move within infinite turns. At least this saves a lot of time, instead of moving them one by one. I wanted to add some movement and changes to the map (make it less static). I admit this is not perfect, as these npcs are teleported to random positions, without following a path. I've already have an idea how to add a movement path to them, but it seemed to much work for such a small add-on.

2. I could deactivate the explorer mode for this fight. I wanted to keep the first fights (rats and so on) simple.

3. The first blood is given if your team "kills" an enemy. Later on in the game you are on your own, but you can build up and upgrade a powerful team.
(super rats for example!) I will add a hint in the achievement macros why you received the achievement. However a "First Blood" is a basic achievement in almost all rpg and war-games. So I believed it would be clear.

4. Spell mistakes - yeah I could need a little help with that (unfortunately in all my add-ons), as I'm not a native speaker and code in my free time when I'm stressed out (and I'm just writing too much). Best help however would be a good spell checker within notepad++. So far I haven't found one.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Heindal wrote:1. Considering disappearing people --> these are wandering npcs. They move around, when you move within infinite turns. At least this saves a lot of time, instead of moving them one by one. I wanted to add some movement and changes to the map (make it less static). I admit this is not perfect, as these npcs are teleported to random positions, without following a path. I've already have an idea how to add a movement path to them, but it seemed to much work for such a small add-on.
OK, I see. Maybe you can make them teleport to an adjacent hex instead of a random one? They'd be really slow walkers compared to the player I guess, but I know I wouldn't have been confused, at least.
Heindal wrote:2. I could deactivate the explorer mode for this fight. I wanted to keep the first fights (rats and so on) simple.
Yeah, it didn't really matter for the rats.
Heindal wrote:However a "First Blood" is a basic achievement in almost all rpg and war-games. So I believed it would be clear.
That may be, I wouldn't know. It's probably best not to take too much for granted. However, I wasn't so much thrown by the concept of a bonus, I was more confused by when "first blood" was triggered.
Heindal wrote:4. Spell mistakes - yeah I could need a little help with that (unfortunately in all my add-ons), as I'm not a native speaker and code in my free time when I'm stressed out (and I'm just writing too much). Best help however would be a good spell checker within notepad++. So far I haven't found one.
I wasn't trying to throw scorn. If I tried to write a German dialogue, it would be pretty terrible. Even Google translate would laugh at me. I can't recommend a good editor for Windows or grammar-checker for Notepad++, unfortunately. I know MS Word can check grammar, but I'm not sure if it's worth copy-pasting your dialogues into a Word document to check them.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I fixed all the bugs mentioned before except the big ones. I can't really see what's wrong with the help menu.
I've got to recheck this and it takes more time.

I will see what I can do about the wandering npcs. It's true I've just used the concept from Strange Legacy's worldmap. The idea in Strange Legacy is that you can never reach these npc's on purpose and on a world map they have their own travel speed. But I've you'd actually meet want, you could talk to them, trade and so on.

Considering the spell mistakes --> yeah you could copy it in this forum post --> it uses a spell-correction (thanks to google). I'm however considered as a native speaker based on my skills and certificates, but I sometimes make mistakes like that in German too. Too much dialogue isn't good and writing when you are tired isn't good either.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Hi, I'm playing Trapped 1.11.0 on Wesnoth 1.14.4.

I noticed one bug: After going for the rats, my "additional income" capability doesn't work anymore.

Something else, which might be intended or not: While the team members I hired have the same auto movement replenishment capability as me, my two friends (with which I fought the first wolves, and which I recalled) don't have this, so I still have to end the turn after moving them. Also, they don't join me in the fight, unless I moved them to the arena before the fight started.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi pauxlo,

yes that is a detail I must have overseen. Will see if I can fix this.
Thanks for reporting.

Kind regards

Heindal
Heindal

Re: Trapped 1.2

Post by Heindal »

- fixed movement for thief and footpad companions from the first scenario
- fixed teleport for thief and footpad when entering the arena
- fixed extra-income when returning from the farm
Heindal

Trapped 1.13 - The Zombie returns

Post by Heindal »

I made a new version for Trapped. As this is an pretty old campaign, which was developed in 1.8 the 'code name' of this release is 'The Zombie'.

fixes:

- solved a problem with infinite movement
-- the lua mistake should no longer be a problem
- solved a problem with save games
- solved problems with the secret zombie ending
-- the reincarnation did not work properly
-- the unit wasn't changed to a zombie in this scenario
- improved, overworked and proofread all text
-- there still might be some wording problems, as you might know - the brain is a mean traitor it is hard to find your own mistakes
-- in case you find some strange wording, give me a message
- improved layout of all shop option

new content:

- added cheat options, which are deactivate, but exist in the code, just in case you want to use them
- the wanderers will now have animated movement
-- as this can be annoying, you can deactivate this option in the Inventory
- new options to deactivate infinite movement
- a guide in your cell, explaining the new options
- new story pictures for the intro
- overworked the thief, to make him younger
-- not the best work, but at least younger
-- Josh still looks like an old man :p
- help-menu option: assemble team, allows to call all friendly units to your location,
-- this even works inside of battles allowing you to create a phalanx fast
- boss fights will allow you to defeat bosses
-- the bosses have the names of people, who participated in this add-on and sent bug reports
-- in case you want to change the boss types, they can sent me a message
- zombie-ending now will have additional dialogues
- your hero zombie will now have additional skill options
Spoiler:
Spirit_of_Currents

Re: Trapped 1.13 - The Zombie returns

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

Here is a spoiler I made.
Spoiler:
Here is some feedback and bug reports.
1. I must upgrade my throwingknife before I can sell it.
2. I started an arena fight and one blue-team-coloured spearman with a name "Guard" was inside.
3. When walking, I got a message "[unstore_unit]: variable 'wanderermove' doesn't exist" every step. It seems that this bug comes after an enemy kills a blue unit.
4. I'm a footpad but enemies have 60% cth against me with ranged attacks.
5. I killed a randomly-generated rat with an illness attack and got three same messages
<Lua error> game_error: unknown unit type: Fatty
stack traceback:
(C): in field 'create'
lua/wml-tags.lua:786: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:144: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:5: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>
6. I'm able to kill a same boss twice.
7. In arena fights, why does the mainline-units-only rule only apply to fixed encounters, not random ones?
8. The five thieves I can get in the scenario "Above" don't have traits. Is it intended?
9. If you will add a boss with my name, could it be a dwarvish dragonguard?
10. It's bad I can't unequip my torch because it makes my chaotic hero do less damage.
11. I didn't buy a single mercenary because they were so expensive.
12. I noticed you can get 100% resistances or defence if you have enough gold or experience points. Is it intended?
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.