The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by WhiteWolf »

The Underness Series: - For Battle For Wesnoth 1.12 only!
Part I.: The Desolation of Karlag
Part II: The Blind Sentinel.
Part III.: The Stone of the North
Part IV: The Invasion of the Western Cavalry - You are here -
Part V: Fingerbone of Destiny

This is the feedback forum of the campaign: The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry.
It has been finished 15.06.2012.
The campaign now has a sequel which also puts an end to the Series!
Please, if you wish to contact me quickly do not post in this topic, but pm me, since I am barely around here, but I get e-mail notification when a pm comes. It may take weeks for me to answer to a single post here. However, feedback is always thanked :)

If you find something that you think is inappropiate, or you have some new ideas, or find some of my ideas bad, please tell, I am open to every critics.

Campaign features:
  • 19 maps with numerous goals, and changing conditions.
  • Wide range of custom units and races, such as the Immortal Riders, or the Swamp Walkers.
  • Bloody scenes and battles: every killed unit's corpse is left behind on the ground!
  • Portable items: weapons and armour.
  • Features ship warfare!
Development stage:
  • Stable version. Slow development.
Difficulty:
  • Intermediate
  • Easy, Normal, Hard
Story:
Spoiler:
Available translations:
- Hungarian (very expired)
Any translators are welcome :)

Current awailable version: 2.4.1

Upcoming version: upon request (bug fixes)

WhiteWolf
Last edited by WhiteWolf on June 4th, 2016, 12:16 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
lipk

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by lipk »

Ummm... are you sure that Aragorn's tomb is licensed under GPL? (Theoretical question, it is not). You had better remove that image (along with all other non-GPL ones) if you don't want an admin to delete your campaign at once. Same stands for music tracks, sounds, everything. All content on the add-on server must comply with GPL.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Deleted them, thanks.
The music and sound tracks are under GPL, I know that for sure, checked when acquired them. :)
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
UK1

Post by UK1 »

The opening dialog was REALLY confusing. I went through and watched it again and still had ultimately no idea what was going on. Was that one guy already there? Or did they both arrive in the ship? And how did the two elves know that one marine? And how was he a "traitor" if he had just arrived? Or was he just always working with the humans? I just don't get it.
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Was that one guy already there? Or did they both arrive in the ship?
I did not want long animations, and for me it seemed clear that they also arrived with the ship (after all, you are allies...)
But if its disturbing, then I will animate their moving too.
And how did the two elves know that one marine? And how was he a "traitor" if he had just arrived? Or was he just always working with the humans?
It was not meant to be that complex. :)
I don't know...he was working as a marine at that harbour, and the elves knew him...and as you must have found it out, the Westerns act quite aggressively, and the marine helps them, so he is counted as a traitor...
But later on it will be told how he was captured and forced to help them.
But maybe then I will add a message that tells this...

EDIT:
Okay, did it. I will update, when I am done with 2 more maps. (or any spotted major bug demands it).
janenho13

Post by janenho13 »

I didn't play the campaign all yet. I only tried to start and read the .cfg files and art. The .cfg files semms to be well formed but portraits, well, some are... :| strange. I think you painted it in some programme for art editing like Adobe Photoshop. E.g. the portrait xanthos-king.png. The crown is from self-production, I think. You can do it better with some crown downloaded from the web.
Last edited by janenho13 on March 6th, 2012, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

janenho13 wrote:You can do it better with some crown downloaded from the web.
... but make sure that the crown you use is compatible with the GPL.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
janenho13

Post by janenho13 »

I see. The other way is search for objects(crown,...) in core art.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Am.... :D :D :D
I painted it with GIMP :) The reason why the images are that poor is that I can't draw even with my own hands, so I can't make artwork on computer at all. But I read somewhere in this forum, that it is counted as spamming to beg for artists to help, and firstly do artwork on your own, and publish your work. Here's the result :)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

New version

Post by WhiteWolf »

OK, uploaded 0.1.2, update please if you want to :)

Changed:
- Finished second possibility (the devastation of Wesnoth), in theory there can't be bugs. If you find, please inform me.
- Did some balancing and embellishments on the first possibility (where you take the relic you are looking for).
- Did speech rewriting, its quite acceptable now I think.
- A new map was put into third possibility, but its not finished yet, don't try it, unless you are fascinated to experience it, but you must know, it leads into instant defeat!
- On the first map, now all units are animated.

I'm still open for critics :)
And by the way, if you think you could help me at the struggle of getting images...there is a file images/story/missing_images.txt
If you have any proper images for the listed titles, I would be greatful if you could share it with me :)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

3_Trap_At_Elensefar

A fight with no chance to win, or gain something :hmm:
And if the player decides to recall, then he looses all his hard- levelled units?
It's not very funny to play, but I understand the reason why you created this scenario.
For story-reason.
I have a similar problem with my campaign, and still looking for a solution.

Why is the towns-bridge broken? :hmm:
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

4_Waiting_For_The_Gallows

Strange, Aethyr is covered by a 'bow-attack-image' (screenshot)

In the 'weapon magazine':
The armour and weapon are still there after I take them with my units. (screenshot)

In the 'jail masters office':
The gold-chest can be triggert by the enemy too.
So in my case the jail-master stepped on the chest, and then I gained the gold.
waiting_for_the_gallows.gif
waitng_for_gallows_2.gif
5_The_Call_Of_Necromancy

Nothing to complain about :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
janenho13

Post by janenho13 »

The objects don't hide because there is wrong WML.
[removeitem] instead of [remove_item] which is good.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I'll check on these, but if I remember well I already replaced all of [removeitem]'s with [remove_item] when installed 1.10.
I have a similar problem with my campaign, and still looking for a solution.
Same here. When you find a solution, let me know, and if I find one, I'll tell you :wink: Working on it.

First edit:
Interesting. The bow cover is not present here but rather there are no images for the gates...
Solved the chest thing.

Sec.edit
OK, solved that, I found a bad image path. I think it occured when deleted multiple images.
And it also occurred to me why at the weapon magazine images did not get deleted - because that is a weapon magazine :D
So there are lots of armor, weapons, etc., and you take only one...not all...

But I still don't see how that bow image got there...it works absolutely fine here...

Third edit:
Also noticed that this kind of bow picture is not a core attack picture, nor can be found at my ~attacks/ dictionary. Could you scan your downloaded add ons, and find where you have this picture?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

WhiteWolf wrote: And it also occurred to me why at the weapon magazine images did not get deleted - because that is a weapon magazine :D
So there are lots of armor, weapons, etc., and you take only one...not all...
You should remove the items anyway, it confuses the players unnecessarily.
WhiteWolf wrote: But I still don't see how that bow image got there...it works absolutely fine here...
Strange ... :hmm:
WhiteWolf wrote: Third edit:
Also noticed that this kind of bow picture is not a core attack picture, nor can be found at my ~attacks/ dictionary. Could you scan your downloaded add ons, and find where you have this picture?
I found it in core:
images/attacks/bow-elven-magic

and in your campaign too:

utils/items/ definition WEAPON_LONGBOW
WEAPON_LONGBOW:
But I have no idea how the image covers Aethyr,
because in scenario 1-4 is no such weapon used. :doh:

EDIT:

I started your campaign again from the start, and the strange thing happened again ...

I played your campaign version="0.1.2"
Attachments
new try.gif