Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chak_abhi

Re: Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Review

Post by chak_abhi »

Thanks for this one! I didn't face this problem during playing (as the total number of outlaws killed was less than the allowed numbers), so I overlooked it. Thanks for pointing it out and providing the solution. :)
Enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty"!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.8 has been uploaded. It includes 4 scenarios of episode 3 and a bugfix in episode 1. Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty"!
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Bugreport:
Just a minor bug.

17_The_Strange_Light version 1.0.7

This code doesn't work:

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=moveto
		first_time_only=yes
		[filter]
			side=1
			x,y=$light.x,$light.y
		[/filter]

[message]
			speaker=Homorro
			message= _ "So bright a light! But it appears to be coming out from a chasm."
		[/message]
		[message]
			speaker=Milux
			message= _ "An abyss, to be correct. Lets go near it."
		[/message]
Better use that code:

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=moveto
		first_time_only=yes
		[filter]
			side=1
			[filter_location]
				x,y=43,32
				radius=5
			[/filter_location]
			[not]
				x,y=43,32
			[/not]
		[/filter]

[message]
			speaker=Homorro
			message= _ "So bright a light! But it appears to be coming out from a chasm."
		[/message]
		[message]
			speaker=Milux
			message= _ "An abyss, to be correct. Lets go near it."
		[/message]
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Thanks again! I will upload the corrected version soon.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

id=18_Walk_in_a_Limbo
It would be great to get some extra turns to reach the signpost after defeating the Death Knight.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Sorry for this one, I had made a little mistake in version 1.0.8 for which I am uploading this new version 1.0.9. In the former one you would miss one scenario all together. Please update your add-ons and play once again from scenario 31.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Adamant14 wrote:id=18_Walk_in_a_Limbo
It would be great to get some extra turns to reach the signpost after defeating the Death Knight.
It can be done. Will 5 extra turns be adequate?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

chak_abhi wrote:
Adamant14 wrote:id=18_Walk_in_a_Limbo
It can be done. Will 5 extra turns be adequate?
At least 5, better more, 10 would be perfect.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Okay, I will add 8 turns then. I will have to test this in game play first so that I can judge the difficulty. The change will be implemented in the next version.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

id=21_Playing_with_fire:

The objectives (how exactly to free the dragons spirit, and what you have to avoid if you don't want to loose) should be much clearer.
I am a player who don't read each word/sentence of talking while the scenario, so I often miss some important hints and notes.
And in this scenario you have no chance if you don't know what exactly you have to do, and how, and with which unit.
So please make these vague objectives much clearer.

Also I found out a strange behaviour (and possible bug).
When one of the invisible units get discovered by a side 2 unit, nothing happened.
I think those side 2 unit should alert the other Drakes, right?
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Adamant14 wrote:id=21_Playing_with_fire:

The objectives (how exactly to free the dragons spirit, and what you have to avoid if you don't want to loose) should be much clearer.
I am a player who don't read each word/sentence of talking while the scenario, so I often miss some important hints and notes.
And in this scenario you have no chance if you don't know what exactly you have to do, and how, and with which unit.
So please make these vague objectives much clearer.
To say clearly, this campaign is intended to be a little different from the usual wesnoth style of leader defeat missions. This is in fact a long story, and there is much more to the campaign other than the gameplay. So for once you need to read the dialogue well. In this case I can add the necessary condition in the objectives. If you have any other suggestion please express it.
Also I found out a strange behaviour (and possible bug).
When one of the invisible units get discovered by a side 2 unit, nothing happened.
In the beginning I also had this particular idea, but I cancelled it after playing the scenario myself. You have only 3 units at your disposal, and any wrong move can make you face some dozens of high level drakes at the same time! This will put the not so good players (like me :wink: ) in deep waters. For this reason I chose to activate side 2 only when you have revealed yourself to the dragon lord. With the amount of gold he has I think he will be capable enough to keep the player engaged if he starts recruiting.

Hope you are enjoying the campaign. Thanks for commenting! :)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Adamant14 wrote:I found out a strange behaviour (and possible bug).
chak_abhi wrote:In the beginning I also had this particular idea, but I cancelled it after playing the scenario myself. You have only 3 units at your disposal, and any wrong move can make you face some dozens of high level drakes at the same time! This will put the not so good players (like me :wink: ) in deep waters. For this reason I chose to activate side 2 only when you have revealed yourself to the dragon lord. With the amount of gold he has I think he will be capable enough to keep the player engaged if he starts recruiting.
:hmm:
Then you should remove all other side 2 drakes (except the Dragon Lord) from that scenario, because it is really strange and weird otherwise.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

But the other drake sides are also activated at certain times. If you are seen by any drake its side will get activated (except for side 2). This may occur when you move any of your units next to a drake or any drake units moves beside any of your units. And sometimes you need to kill one or two of them as they keep blocking your way. The time limit also gets in your way.
However bugs may exist at any point. If these things are not working then corrections need to be introduced.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.10 has been uploaded. It includes scenarios 35-38 and also some corrections in previous scenarios. Please update your add-ons, and continue playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty"!
gooby

Re: Doreldos: Struggle For Freedom:Campaign Feedback & Revie

Post by gooby »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Scenario 3: Took Elves (for easier mobility in forests and swamps.)
Trolls would do better IMO. They self-heal, have impact weapons and resist piercing. I chose trolls and quickly swept through the saurian defenses.