Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IIIO_METAL

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you, Wussel. Everyone has a mistake, so I can learn from it, so I will stop being shy.
Since I started learning WML at the same time as I made this campaign, the code I wrote about the first time is confusing and there are many useless parts.
I am keeping it as it is moving without problems, but there are plenty of places to wonder what I did for it.
I think that some ideas can be reused by other add-ons, so I will rewrite them into more understandable code and make them into individual WML parts.

I made version 1.1.2 the other day. I uploaded the Wesnoth 1.13.6 version to the add-on server and uploaded the Wesnoth 1.12.6 version to the net storage. (It's a substitute as I have lost my passphrase.) I added a download address to the first article of this thread.
I am planning not to make big changes in the future (I will gradually review the text part.) I am planning to move to the maintenance mode now and create a new add-on. :D
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Version, 1.1.3 uploaded.

· Changed the last part of the ninth scenario slightly.
mightyman4711

Post by mightyman4711 »

I have completed the task in Stone City round 21.. no enemies left but I still can't get victory even if game goes to :oops: round 28/28 say I am defeated, objective is to protect Stone City...have I missed something? :oops:
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Perhaps my English is terrible and I think that misunderstanding has arisen, but the victory condition of that chapter is not to annihilate the enemy.
Please move Hana next to him so that Hana can talk to Vonbir.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Good evening,

a very nice campaign indeed! But, well, I do have a problem: I do not know how to go further in In episode "In the ruins". I have notived how to open passages via standing on statues, but now I am stuck. I found the possible passage "There is a rock … unlikely to move" and suspect this has something to do with the hammer in lower right, but cannot seem to employ it.

Well, I would be grateful for a hint. And perhaps some more textual clues would be good, if others also have problems at this stage?

Best regards,
Rossi
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello, Rossi.

I thought about how to solve your problem.
Move Hana or Sally close to that rock. If my reasoning is correct, new things will happen.

Another hint. Let Small wisp go to the hammer place.
TorMac

Post by TorMac »

Hi IIIO_Metal - I think you should re-upload it to the Add-on server so more people can see it and download it. It's great to have people work on more projects.
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello TorMac.
It may be that you are right. I was waiting for the server administrator to disable the passphrase that I lost, but he seems to be busy yet.
When I am ready, I will re - upload the add - on. :)
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

How did you ask to server admin? Did you get any replies from admins or developers? I'm afraid they are not aware of your problem.
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

As a result of consulting at Discord, I was told to ask the soliton again for help. So I sent a private message. The message I sent first may not have been read yet.
TorMac

Post by TorMac »

Hi - I finished playing Mountain Witch and here is my review:

The things I liked the best:
1) The summoning of familiars (I especially like how Hana's familiars can 'possess' objects, and of course, the cats)
2) (SMALL SPOILER) The curse stones that turn friends into enemies

Things that would make the campaign easier to enjoy:
1) The translation (you know this - but it was hard to follow the story sometimes)
2) Not running out of time one turn away from completing objectives (especially in last scenario). Maybe have more warnings to hurry up?
3) Some limits on potions and familiars - they give you too much power. Even making bad tactic choices, I could always defeat the enemies easily. Instead, I was running out of time.

Here are some language suggestions and questions:

Song of Cradle sounds awkward in English - maybe call her 'Lullaby' (or 'Cradlesong' - English speakers like to merge adjectives and nouns more than using possessive particles like 'of')
Light Snowfall - maybe 'Flurry' or 'Flake"
Charcoal does not sound very mighty. Maybe something like 'Carbon' 'Coalface' 'Coalhands'?

Some questions:
I did not understand what 'splitting' means exactly - someone with a broken soul? A person that is half-human half from the other universe? In one case "Broken" or "Cleft" might be clearer; in the other "Half" (something) might be better (Half-soul?, Half-elf? Half-Izana?)

If Recorder is a machine, the name works. If he is a book (like I think), Record-Keeper might be better.

I did not understand who Reform Caller is/are. Are they a faction (if so, Reformers? Rebels? Dissidents?)

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for making this!
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

IIIO_METAL
Hi TorMac.
Thank you for suggestive suggestions and questions. Reading this, I realized again what I should improve the campaign.
TorMac wrote:The things I liked the best:
The idea I first worked on when I decided to make a witch the main character is the summon of Familia. And the curse stone thought of a powerful enemy in a different direction from the combat ability of the unit.
These two ideas are a core part of the campaign and I am pleased that you like it.
TorMac wrote:Things that would make the campaign easier to enjoy:
The first item is a comedy caused by my English skill. I will make an effort to get better, but I think it takes a long time.
The second and third issues regarding game balance will be improved as soon as possible.
It seems that the release of the Wesnoth 1.14 version is approaching, so I'd like to issue a modified version at that timing if possible.
TorMac wrote:Here are some language suggestions and questions:
Thank you for pointing out about the strangeness of the characters' names. I will change their name.

And a question from you.
About 'splitting', it is my negligence that there is no proper description during the game.
I think that it will be after a while to incorporate the explanation into the campaign, but here I will write about the story behind the campaign. I hope this will be the answer to your question.
Those things are never mentioned directly in the campaign, but since they contain some spoilers they hid.
Spoiler:
I think that I have many grammar and spelling mistakes because I wrote a long sentence. Do not get mad if this sentence causes further confusion. :lol:
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

"Mountain Witch" has been updated to version 1.1.5.
Since the passphrase of 1.12 has been reset, this time I uploaded it to the add-on server of 1.12.7.
Modifications are mostly text corrections and macro modifications. Also, some units change the animation.
TorMac

Post by TorMac »

I really enjoyed reading the back-story.

As for splitting, maybe they can be called replicants, nano-replicas, nano-copies or something like that (I can't really tell you the rule for when the "-" is appropriate in English :)

For reform caller, maybe something like alternate routine, or alternate version, alternate input.

I think it makes them sound more technological. There are probably better ideas. I will play the new version soon.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Version, 1.1.6
I uploaded some new bugs, minor event fixes, and a new version that reflects the text provided by TorMac.
Furthermore, as the capabilities of the unit and the behavior of items are partially changed, it may be more difficult depending on the scenario.