Liberating Alduin - Maintainer Wanted

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vulpine

Liberating Alduin - Maintainer Wanted

Post by Vulpine »

Preamble
Dellaedry does not have a Wesnoth account, so per request, I am helping him create this thread for bug reports and gameplay/plot feedback.
This is where you post your feedback for Liberating Alduin, by Dellaedry. Whether it be compliments, critique, suggestions, bug reports, balance issues etc.

Blurb: When undead grow powerful, someone has to stop it, or the undead will simply take over Wesnoth and Rule it. This Mage that has to stop it, is just a simple Mage, but with a lot of potential.

Currently "Intermediate", with 8 scenarios.

Please include the campaign version with your bug/balance report. Thank you!
Last edited by Vulpine on October 29th, 2017, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jpinero

Re: Liberating Alduin - Feedback thread for Dellaedry's camp

Post by jpinero »

Hi, I was playing it in easy mode and at the scenario: "The coming of the orcs" the allied mermaids attacks like kamikazes, even the boss, I'm loosing at 5th turn because the boss get killed.
Reading that just "intermediate" is done, may be you could temporary disable the easy level for a while
Vulpine

Re: Liberating Alduin - Feedback thread for Dellaedry's camp

Post by Vulpine »

Thank you for the feedback! I think Dellaedry has lost interest in maintaining the campaign, but if I get around to it I might be able to do something. Or talk him into fixing it...

I think there had been several issues with allied ai dying before you had a chance to even reach them. So this is another one to take care of.

Sorry btw for the late reply; I thought I had checked this page more recently than I actually had.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
Vulpine

Re: Liberating Alduin - Maintainer Wanted

Post by Vulpine »

Dellaedry has risen to the occasion with another version, 1.4.2. It does not remove the easy difficulty, but fixes a couple of the overwhelming balance issues.

But this is probably his last fix, and I have no interest in maintaining the campaign, especially as I have another campaign in the works and real-life things going on. (Heh, I don't even get to play much anymore except for an mp match here and there.)

So: If anybody is interested in maintaining this campaign notify me and I will get you the server file.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]