Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Underground Status Picture

Post by Sangel »

I just noticed that while you're underground, the game uses the First Watch picture, but mousing over shows the status to be "Underground". Could we have a specific image for when you're underground?

Here's one I've whipped up.
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Good Idea! Your image looks a little too dark though.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Yes, we've been waiting for someone to make a good underground image for a while :)

That image is good, but I also think it looks a little dark -- any possibility to brighten it a little?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Good point.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Very nice! :o
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

I definitely like those :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Looks good :)

I have committed it to CVS.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Awesome. While we're about it, is it possible that Illuminate could show a special "Lit Caves" picture while underground, instead of the "Dawn" picture? Something like this, perhaps?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sangel wrote:Awesome. While we're about it, is it possible that Illuminate could show a special "Lit Caves" picture while underground, instead of the "Dawn" picture? Something like this, perhaps?
Okay, adding.

Btw since these are your first accepted contributions, I should make it clear that any contributions are distributed under the GPL. You retain copyright over them though. We take it in good faith that they are original works.

We'll assume further works you post here are GPLable, unless you specify otherwise.

Also, if you would like to be placed in the Wesnoth credits, you may give us your name as you'd like it to appear (either full name, a chosen alias/nickname, or both), and I'll add it.

Cheers,

David
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

These two pictures were originally based on publicly "distributable" photographs of caves, modified beyond all recognition, so, yes, they're GPLable. I'll continue to make sure any of my submissions are GPLable.

If you'd like to put me down as James "Sangel "Barton, I wouldn't mind. It seems a tiny contribution to take acknowledgement for, but I'm not credit-averse. :D
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Sangel wrote:These two pictures were originally based on publicly "distributable" photographs of caves, modified beyond all recognition, so, yes, they're GPLable. I'll continue to make sure any of my submissions are GPLable.

If you'd like to put me down as James "Sangel "Barton, I wouldn't mind. It seems a tiny contribution to take acknowledgement for, but I'm not credit-averse. :D
Small contributions build up into a lot of content.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sangel wrote:It seems a tiny contribution to take acknowledgement for, but I'm not credit-averse. :D
Well then, it will just put pressure on you to contribute lots more, so that you can feel you deserve your listing :)

David
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

these look good by themselves (good job, BTW!) but they are obviously photographs. will they look good compared to the current pictures? they look nothing like them.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

That's a fair point, Turin. The straight up "underground" picture doesn't look too photography, but the "illuminated underground" definitely looks different. On the other hand, when you're underground the status is never going to suddenly shift to any of the above-ground pictures...

Perhaps I'll get around to doing some "photo" style images for Dawn, Dusk, Morning, Afternoon, First Watch and Second Watch.