Map for Orcish Campaign

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
benj

Map for Orcish Campaign

Post by benj »

Here is part of a map for Son Of The Black Eye (orcish campaign). I may change cities names as they are hrmmm, somewhat random. Also, I think I'll rework the northern part of the map, which was what I began with. This map will be zoomed and centered on parts of the map where scenarios occur at the begining of each scenario.

Of course, comments and critics are welcome. :-)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

well, how did you get it to look so much like the 'real' map? i need to do that for my campaign!

anyway, it looks really good, my suggestion would be to show where wesnoth (the country) is in relation to this. right now i assume it is somewhere south of the map, but where?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
benj

Post by benj »

turin wrote:well, how did you get it to look so much like the 'real' map? i need to do that for my campaign!

anyway, it looks really good, my suggestion would be to show where wesnoth (the country) is in relation to this. right now i assume it is somewhere south of the map, but where?
This is a good idea, I'll do that.

Regarding the map itself, it is produced using the following:

- first, draw the map and ink it (I personally use indian ink). It took me around two hours to draw it ;

- then use charcoal to darken coasts, hills and shade it off;

- scan the drawing and insert it into a gimp layer in multiply mode. Under this layer, put a parchment tile.

And voila, you have a map. :-)

I can send a template XCF file of the map so that you can put your own drawing. If you wish, I also can draw a map for you if you send guidelines.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

could you just send me the XCF file, please? i usually like to do all of the work, because i am paranoid and don't trust anyone else to do it right. actually, i already have a pencil version, i just need to ink it and scan it in.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm