Like eastern invasion

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

good or bad idea?

Good
22%
Medium
50%
Bad
28%

Total votes: 18

Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Thanks, it is apostrophe. :)
Corwin
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

If you are teacher level unsung, your school should get new teachers.
turin wrote:Agreed. Also, it would make no sense for it to be Multiplayer; everyone would want to be side 2, that gets all the free third level undead units, not side 1, which only gets 7 units which are only as high a level as you got them.
It's not "The Duel" as the scenario. You would choose a saved game to get a recall list, choose your units, and finally go to the map (not necessarily the one of "The Duel") to have a duel-like confrontation of champions.

For once, i hope you are trolling or have misunderstood the idea (or even for me to have misunderstood the idea and then i'll accept the stupidity).
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
unsung

Post by unsung »

no, I'm not.
I just happen to be really good at it which is useful when doing a group report.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:If you are teacher level unsung, your school should get new teachers.
turin wrote:Agreed. Also, it would make no sense for it to be Multiplayer; everyone would want to be side 2, that gets all the free third level undead units, not side 1, which only gets 7 units which are only as high a level as you got them.
It's not "The Duel" as the scenario. You would choose a saved game to get a recall list, choose your units, and finally go to the map (not necessarily the one of "The Duel") to have a duel-like confrontation of champions.

For once, i hope you are trolling or have misunderstood the idea (or even for me to have misunderstood the idea and then i'll accept the stupidity).
Well, I might have misunderstood it... but honestly, that sounds even stupider than what I thought the suggestion was...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Naturally you cant play this duel vs ai.
Great Mage Nicolas
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Post by Ayin »

Disto wrote:Lol, i thought it looked wrong, normally i'm a good speller but a hour or 2 of french every day now probably is scrambling my mind. But Turin is right.
Well, it is "Apostrophe" in French, too :P
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Euh,i don't think this topic is for the corrections of grammatical errors.
Great Mage Nicolas
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

--silence--
euh,when i said "this isnt a topic for correcting grammatical errors",i didnt said to stop talking about the topic :wink:
Great Mage Nicolas
scott

Post by scott »

It's not that stupid of an idea. Test of the Clans had a similar proposal.

Creating a new complex GUI for it isn't a great idea. Give unlimited gold then have the castles disappear on turn 2. Don't use a saved game, just give the player access to all units in a faction. It's actually pretty simple.

Let's say this is the map:

Code: Select all

ggggggggggg
ggnnn1nnngg
ggggggggggg
ggnnn2nnngg
ggggggggggg
All you need for the map to work is

Code: Select all

[event]
name = turn 2

[terrain]
x,y=6,2
letter=g
[/terrain]
[terrain]
x,y=6,4
letter=g
[/terrain]
[/event]
Then just make sure you have an era, like the superheroes era, where you can recruit high level units.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ayin wrote:
Disto wrote:Lol, i thought it looked wrong, normally i'm a good speller but a hour or 2 of french every day now probably is scrambling my mind. But Turin is right.
Well, it is "Apostrophe" in French, too :P
If i make a Narrowing eyes emoticon will it be included. :lol:
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

scott wrote:It's not that stupid of an idea. Test of the Clans had a similar proposal.

Creating a new complex GUI for it isn't a great idea. Give unlimited gold then have the castles disappear on turn 2. Don't use a saved game, just give the player access to all units in a faction. It's actually pretty simple.
But if you havent done the campaign and havent levelled units to recall it isnt funny.
Cause you recall all of your prefered units,you havent won that units "working".
Great Mage Nicolas