Faction of Sentient Wasps/Hornets?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Re: Wait for it...

Post by Disto »

Kestenvarn wrote:
Beleth wrote:Taking (what I hope was) a sarcastic response and making it serious, what does make something new Wesnothian?
Turin?
Nah, the oldies... me and Wayfarer are just too new.... when did the Drakes get added, when they needed something to spice it up. No new factions get added, because no new campaigns are being added. So as the the campaigns are into the finished stage there won't be any more factions untill it's finished.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: Wait for it...

Post by wayfarer »

Disto wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote: Turin?
Nah, the oldies... me and Wayfarer are just too new.... when did the Drakes get added, when they needed something to spice it up. No new factions get added, because no new campaigns are being added. So as the the campaigns are into the finished stage there won't be any more factions untill it's finished.
Hey don't give up at least our factions are widely used by campaign developers.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Disto

Post by Disto »

I haven't, i know Jetryl (especially as he will be new head Dev(at least i think he will))used to like them so at least they've got a chance as they could have a niche.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

1. Dark elves are not in Wesnoth, and will not ever be, IMHO. Just because they are a faction does not make them in Wesnoth, or Wesnothian.

2. My opinion is that none of the factions in the Imperial Era are Wesnothian. That does not mean they are a waste of time, but rather that they don't belong in the world of Wesnoth. They are of a different world. Some disagree with me on this, of course.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I still think the Imperial Era needs the Northeners added and then assumed to be in the "Old Continent" from which the first westhonians fled. The Lavinian/Aragwaith duality may just as well be seen as the transition between Bizantine to early Medieval.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

another swarm faction--this is an interesting trend!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

About giant insects not being wesnothian... I'd say the reason for that is they're more common in sci-fi than in fantasy, with some exceptions (Peter F. Hamiltons Riftwar comes to mind).

But, basically, if you look at what's there in Wesnoth, it's basically standard Tolkien-ish fare, with the Drakes being a D&D-ish add-on.
Hexice

Post by Hexice »

I think the idea is great!... :)
"May your swords stay sharp"
-Brom
Eragon -by (must find spelling)