Mummies

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

Ave wrote:
Boucman wrote:The bandages could be more whitish/dirty grey. They are too yellow now.
Mummy wrappings generally are a bit yellow. And I think it's a bit easier to see colored units against some backgrounds. What would we do with the Snow Mummies otherwise? ;-)

"Necrophage"? That's a bit technical and not really a "creature" name, is it? Besides, they should be coming around after the battle to clean up the field. And Gorger too? Somebody is watching too much "Day of the Dead", I think. ;-)

I like the walking corpse > mummy path, perhaps with the much mentioned option of preventing corpse advancement in some scenarios.
The Eponymous Archon
Eponymous-Archon

Darth Fool wrote:
Ave wrote: Maybe in some scenarios, the walking corpses shouldn't advance though.
is it possible in WML to specify in a scenario that particular unit types don't advance?
No (not yet? See my comments here).
The Eponymous Archon
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Dont worry too much about advancing walking corpses.. 48 xp is more than enought for the AI to reach with them.. only players (good players) could made them advance.
Charwood

Post by Charwood »

I love the defend picture. Little bits of mummy wrapping and rotted flesh flying off, that's great. Good job with the graphics.

I'd rather not see the walking dead get an upgrade, and to me, even walking dead->mummy doesn't make much sense. I'd either give it it's own path or do something like this:

Mummy is level 1 (make stats appropriate)
It upgrades to either:
Mummy Lord (better attack/defense)
or
Ghoul (Able to feed off corpses, but not as strong as a Mummy Lord)
Mummy Lord, could, possible also become Mummy King.

Good job.
Eponymous-Archon

Mummy > Mummy Overlord (think of those Egyptian taskmasters in "The 10 Commandments") > Undead Pharoah (give the mummy a nice "king of the upper & lower Nile" crown
The Eponymous Archon