Meet the hoburgs

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

koryanshea

Post by koryanshea »

Casual User wrote:Still, the hoburgs you talked about seemed only alternative names for hobbits, my guys are really nothing like that.
not hobbits, gnomes :)
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

There is a difference XP
Sorry for the meaningless post
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

Good afternoon!

I've just uploaded (as my avatar) the image of the hoburg knight.

I made the graphics myself, so... but I think he looks quite cute.

All of the other hoburgs now look more or less this way. As you can see, they're a lot smaller and punier than anyone else in Wesnoth, which is as I see them.

Basically, I think the hoburgs are neither gnomes nor hobbits. For one thing, they have no particular bonuses in hills or forest (other than the 50% defense). Arguably, their favorite terrain is villages. With their small amount of hps, curing is unbelievably powerful for them.

They're city dwellers and dislike the wilderness by and large. Also, their physical strength is what you would expect, so they rely on numbers, armament, technology and strategy for victory. They're plentiful and have an advanced society and military system. Apart from which they use advanced but not overly fanciful gadgets, and no magic whatsoever as they are unable of it. Basically, I've modeled them on the renaissance armies, and the glider will probably look like he uses one of those flying machines Da Vinci drew.

To my taste, this makes them neither gnomes nor hobbits. I might change their name though if another game uses it already.

I can't really work on them now, but I should release them relatively soon.