Archers drawing bows...

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Not to fear, I fully intend to not fix the orcs wimpy draw. Why do you think they upgrade to crossbows anyway?
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

Kamahawk wrote:
Eponymous-Archon wrote:Actually, the human bowman are based on the orcish archers IIRC...
WHAT!?!

I did the origionals for the human bowman and there were no orcish parts involved and I don't think any of the stuff you did to their graphics afterwards had orcish components.
Oops, my bad. There were based on something though. No, I stole pieces of Elves actually.
The Eponymous Archon
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Hey I made two bow frames for the Champion and tought it was best to post it here, hope you guys can use them.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ok here are my versions of the human bowman (longbowman already has a long draw...)
Last edited by Darth Fool on April 8th, 2004, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

And my versions of the Champion ranged attacks. I didn't finish the hero. That will be done tomorrow....
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Oh hm......to be honoust I like my sword better, but in animation I think your bow would be a much better choise. I didn't realy animate on mine heh ^_^
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Oh hm......to be honoust I like my sword better, but in animation I think your bow would be a much better choise. I didn't realy animate on mine heh ^_^
Yes, I defintately liked the curved end of your sword better. Mine was a direct cut/rotate of the one used for the defense frame. I think it is good to have that sort of consistancy, so if people want the curved blade, it should be changed in all the champions pictures.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

OK, here are some new hero graphics...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

do you really want to have him drop the shield? it might be less confusing for it to just dissapear (visually confusing, that is. it does make little logical sense for a shield to disappear for two frames that pop back into the person's hand. ;) )
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

It's better to just make things like shields disappear. Remember that the animation is just a rough representation of what's happening. In reality, a unit must move over a long distance to attack so they have plenty of time to discard their shield. In the 'summary animation' I think it's better for the shield to just disappear.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Oddly enough, I saved a version without the shield, just in case....
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Would you really need to take off such a small shield to shoot a bow? Why not just keep it on? If that's no good though, I'd rather see it dissappear than fall to the ground.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ok, I've gone back aand looked at the champion bow frames and realized that I lost a row of pixels on the sword tips, which made it look a little funny, and the shading was all upside down, so I've played with them a little making the sword a little more like the champion neorice is good did , but with the correct scale from the champion at rest frame, ie. with the correct size etc...
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Good work again, guys!
Added the hero images, Champion's later :-)