An idea for a new era, Pre-Roman Empire based

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Death's Advocate

An idea for a new era, Pre-Roman Empire based

Post by Death's Advocate »

I have an idea to create a Pre-Roman Era based on the known world before the fall of Troy and the formation of the Roman Empire. This era would have the following factions:

Greeks - as they are the superpower in this time period it would be wrong to ignore them,

The Trojans - these people escape after the fall of Troy and become the Roman Emipire, they are also another superpower

The Libyans - this refers to all of Africa as all of Africa is known as Libya at this point.

Northern Barbarians (Thracian territory) - these are the less civilized people of the era and therefore they rely on cheap, sturdy men

Northern Barbarians (Gaulish territory) - simalar to those from the Thracian Territories though they live north of Italy rather than north of Greece.

Middle East Faction - (I don't know who ruled this are during this time, the selucids are my best guess, they ruled this area about 500 years post)

I want to try and make most of the units and their in this era although art would be appreciated. I have received some feedback already by a couple if people who like the idea.

Please post below the name for a Middle East faction.

Can people post unit trees, I may edit them but please have 3 basic units per faction - A Melee Warrior, A Archer, and a Preist

Warrior - Powerful Melee, possibly a light ranged attack

Archer - Powerful ranged, possibly a light melee attack

Preist - Spellcaster, has either a melee or ranged spell (one or the other) that is more powerful than the warrior and archer.

Pls people - post unit trees, feedback, possible names, and possible stats
:P :P Heya, ppl :P :P
Isliodoth

Post by Isliodoth »

For the Gauls:

L1 L2 L3

Pillager--> Raider--> Slorterer.

Hunter--> L2 Hunter?--> Marksman.

Priest--> Druid--> Elder.
--> Nature Priest--> L2 Nature Priest.
--> Dark Priest.

The Pillager could have a club and sling, the Raider could have a sword and sling and the Slorterer could have twin blades.

The Hunter could have a bow and knife, the L2 Hunter could just be an immprovement of the Hunter and the Marksman could have the marksman ability.

The Priest is a healing unit, the Druid is a better healing unit and the Elder is a master healer. (their attack is Holy type)

The Nature Priest is another branch for the Priest to follow and instead of being a healer it turns to do major damage with plants.

The Dark Priest is a dark Priest who does lots of magical damage. (and branches off the Nature Priest)

Sorry for the long post and sorry for my spelling not being very good. :oops:
()
/[]\
/ \
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

If you had bothered to do a search of the forums, you would see that not only is there a Middle East faction under construction, there is also a Greek faction under construction, as well as an already completed Barbarian faction.

Not only that, but a standard unit tree usually tends to be a silly idea.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I think we should get one faction group done at a time.... right now, the Dardans, Kedari, Aiyira, etc, all have places in the WorldofWesnoth, but don't have art yet. It doesn't seem to me a good idea to add a bunch more factions that don't have any chance of getting art for a while...

So, it's a good idea, but IMO we should put it on the back burner for a while.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm