Building 1.02 with VC++6

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Galsiah

Building 1.02 with VC++6

Post by Galsiah »

I'm trying to build Wesnoth 1.02 under windowsXP using VC++6. After much playing around with libraries... I'm left with these errors:

Code: Select all

--------------------Configuration: Wesnoth - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
   Creating library Wesnoth___Win32_Debug/Wesnoth.lib and object Wesnoth___Win32_Debug/Wesnoth.exp
network.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ioctlsocket@12
network_worker.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _select@20
Wesnoth___Win32_Debug/Wesnoth.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Wesnoth.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
I can't find the problem. I think I've got all the correct libraries, but clearly something is up. I've got SDL_net etc., as well as Freetype. Perhaps I'm using an incorrect version of one or more??
Any pointers on what might be wrong / where to start looking would be most welcome.

I've looked here: http://wesnoth.org/wiki/CompilingWesnothOnWindows
And here:http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... le+windows

My general experience using VC++6 (or any compiler) is pretty limited, so it is quite possible I'm missing something obvious, or otherwise being stupid. I have been attempting to get things working for many hours now though, so I feel quite justified in inflicting my stupidity on others :).
Thanks.
Ryo
Inactive Developer

Post by Ryo »

Is the "wsock32.lib" library part of the link libraries? (project settings => link tab => input).

I'll check tonight and post the libraries i use to build.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Yep, that sounds very much like the wsock library.

Attached you find the vc++ project file i used for building 1.0.2 :wink: .

Hmpff, this <*censored*> forum software does not let me upload a dsp file extension :x . So just remove the ".txt" if you need it for vc++.
Attachments
wesnoth.dsp.txt
VC++ 6.0 Project file for wesnoth 1.0.2
(15.68 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Galsiah

Post by Galsiah »

Thanks a lot to both of you. I'm pretty sure I haven't added wsock32.lib, so it sounds like that's the problem.
Thanks for the project file Yogi Bear. I'll definitely look at that if I run into any more trouble.

EDIT: Added wsock32.lib and the errors disappeared. Moved Wesnoth.exe to the root Wesnoth directory, and - IT RUNS :D.
Thanks again.

Right, now - off to butcher the code :twisted:.