Looking for someone who understands the Wesnoth architecture

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GreyDragoon

Looking for someone who understands the Wesnoth architecture

Post by GreyDragoon »

Before I get flamed, yes I read the post below with the attachment. I need a slightly more in depth amount of information :) . So I thought I'd post and see if anyone here had a fairly good understanding of the low level architecture of Wesnoth and how it interacts with the top level WML. Also looking for something of an insiders perspective on how the interactions work and how game turns proceed on the procedural level. I'm doing this as a presentation concerning game architecture for a class and would just need someone's help with this for oh maybe 20-30 minutes tops. There's so much code to pour through and I'm not familiar enough to speak on Wesnoth myself (played but never developed for it) that I'd rather not misrepresent your work. Anyways if you're interested in taking a few minutes to chat over aim about this just shoot me a message at ShadowWyrm13. I'd have asked to do this earlier in the week (ugh sundays) but I just got back from the Austin Games Conference, so a little lagged as is at the moment hehe. Look forward to hearing from someone about this, thank you for your time!

Kenny Johnson
GreyDragoon

Post by GreyDragoon »

Just to let everyone know, Dave was polite enough to get to me and give me a nice outline of the architecture etc. So no need to send me more im's. But thank you everyone, great community!
bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

GreyDragoon wrote:Just to let everyone know, Dave was polite enough to get to me and give me a nice outline of the architecture etc. So no need to send me more im's. But thank you everyone, great community!
If it's not already on the Wiki somewhere, can you put it there?
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

bruno wrote:
GreyDragoon wrote:Just to let everyone know, Dave was polite enough to get to me and give me a nice outline of the architecture etc. So no need to send me more im's. But thank you everyone, great community!
If it's not already on the Wiki somewhere, can you put it there?
I agree. I think it would be great to have the architecture of the game out in the open so that people looking to develop similar games can get an idea of how to go about designing it.
Corwin
gandalf

Post by gandalf »

Wasn't anything put in the wiki?
Sad :cry:
It sound interesting.
Angband, the ultimate FPS game!