Multiple leaders?

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I think you could include the unit definition in the scenario file, but then you would have to make sure that all players have that file in place beforehand. Normal scenario WML is transmitted from the host to the other players when the game starts, but I think unit definitions need to be loaded earlier than that.

I could be wrong on this, so I think I'll try to test this right away. Just a few moments, please.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I forgot to report on the results here. :D Well, it turned out that you can't have custom units in scenarios that only you have. In order to handle custom units, you would have to distribute the scenarios to all players beforehand (like campaigns and eras) one way or another.
Starglider

Post by Starglider »

I've had this problem in a campaign I am making as well - for the big final battle I want the player to have two or three recruiting leaders, but at the moment I have to use hacks to implement it. 'Can't recruit when multiple leaders are on keeps' is a bug in the recruiting code and should be fixed.
My dear sir, the word 'impossible' is not in my spellchecker.