compiling with mingw

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

arevelation

compiling with mingw

Post by arevelation »

I've managed to compile 1.1.2 with mingw using Dev-C++ it all works OK I can run the program.

When I try to compile with the ./configure , make method the configure fails.
Firstly I found the configure script needs libunicows but doesn't check for it. it reports an error with sdl_image if this is not installed. but then I get stuck with the configure not completing due to missing wesnoth.mo files

can anyone explain what's not happening for these to be created? I have looked and the files don't exist. no other errors are reported by ./configure
two warnings

configure: WARNING: *** FRIBIDI not found.
configure: WARNING: *** libzipios++ not found - support for ZIP files is disabled

these are the errors

ln: creating symbolic link `./translations/af/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth.mo' to `/c/wesnoth-1.1.2/./po/wesnoth/af.gmo': No such file or directory
ln: creating symbolic link `./translations/bg/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth.mo' to `/c/wesnoth-1.1.2/./po/wesnoth/bg.gmo': No such file or directory
.......etc...

and of course make won't compile
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

mo files are made out of po files and it takes gettext and preferably a script to do that. I am using cygwin and a unix shellscript for it. It is not part of the c++ compilation and when doing the packages for windows this is a separate step at the moment.

If you are interested i can provide you more details.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
arevelation

Thankyou

Post by arevelation »

If you can give me details and/or just point me in the direction of documentation, that'd be helpful. If./configure is not doing this then shouldn't it be on the compile instructions?