Changing music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Free

Changing music

Post by Free »

I do not like the new music for the game and have recently been trying to change the music. I have been copying and pasting old music (from 1.1.2) into 1.1.7 and for some reason when I try to play the game I hear NO music at all. Just the menu music.

Could someone please explain this enigma for me. :?
scott

Re: Changing music

Post by scott »

Free wrote:I do not like the new music for the game and have recently been trying to change the music. I have been copying and pasting old music (from 1.1.2) into 1.1.7 and for some reason when I try to play the game I hear NO music at all. Just the menu music.

Could someone please explain this enigma for me. :?
What music have you been copying? wesnoth-7.ogg and its relatives? Music is played by filename. If you add new music files, you either have to rename them to match the old filenames or change the game's config files to use the new music filenames.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Free

Post by Free »

I just copied all of the music from 1.1.2 and put it into 1.1.7 so I don't understand why it wouldn't work.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Changing music

Post by turin »

*sigh*
scott wrote:Music is played by filename. If you add new music files, you either have to rename them to match the old filenames or change the game's config files to use the new music filenames.
SO:

The old music files were removed from Wesnoth. They are no longer mentioned in the game, and are not on the playlist. Copying the old files back into the music directory will do nothing - the game doesn't take the playlist from the contents of that directory, it takes it from the scenario's WML. You need to either rename the old music files so they have the new names - move wesnoth-7.ogg to gameplay01.ogg, etc - or change the WML the the files are recognized.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

Free wrote:I just copied all of the music from 1.1.2 and put it into 1.1.7 so I don't understand why it wouldn't work.
You could put the Windows source code in the ./music directory. The game doesn't care what's there until you tell it what files to play using WML.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Free

Post by Free »

Okay thank you. Now it seems to not play any music just on a few campaigns and I still don't understand why because the music in these campaigns is defined in the utils.cfg!
TimothyP
Music Contributor

Post by TimothyP »

You can just take the old tracks and play them in an external audio player. That way you can play any music you want.

If the new music is not satisfactory for you, you might want to post what you like about the old music and dislike about the new music. We value all opinions.

--Timothy
Free

Post by Free »

TimothyP wrote:You can just take the old tracks and play them in an external audio player. That way you can play any music you want.

If the new music is not satisfactory for you, you might want to post what you like about the old music and dislike about the new music. We value all opinions.

--Timothy
You're a genius (or I'm just stupid). I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
:D
Free

Post by Free »

TimothyP wrote:You can just take the old tracks and play them in an external audio player. That way you can play any music you want.

--Timothy
You're a genius (or I'm just stupid). I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
:D