Cheating

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Archmage

Cheating

Post by Archmage »

Hey I'm a guy who loves westnoth but is not very good. Is there any way to cheat?
P.S., If it's complicated please leave directions! :)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Archmage, if you're on a Mac you can hold option when you start Wesnoth up. Then you can create a unit anywhere you want by control-clicking and selecting Create Unit(Debug!)
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
AT

SIngle Player

Post by AT »

Nothing in Multiplayer, nor any 'cheats' per say in single player.

However, if you want to play one of the scenerios in "testing' mode, you can start wesnoth with the -d flag.
In linux, type: wesnoth -d

in windows, add -d to the end of a shortcut.
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
telly

Post by telly »

You can use just any text editor to open your saved game files (in wesnoth\userdata\saves) and change your amount of gold, unit stats, etc to whatever you like.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

One of the most enjoyable parts about Wesnoth is taking the journey from being not very good to being good.

I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin this experience forever by cheating.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Dave wrote:One of the most enjoyable parts about Wesnoth is taking the journey from being not very good to being good.

I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin this experience forever by cheating.

David
I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin this experience by starting out good, either. There are plenty of things wrong with that 'journey' and if any of them are true it might make cheating fun. I usually limit myself to only cheat in a game after I've won it.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.