installing eras manually

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
grayFalcon

installing eras manually

Post by grayFalcon »

Hello everyone!

I'm behind a proxy, so I can't use the "add-ons" feature of the client to get my eras. So I tried to download EoM from sourceforge, but now I don't know that to do. I tried copying the whole unzipped directory to /usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/ and merging the EoM _main.cfg file with the original multiplayer/_main.cfg, but I get lots of "file not found" errors. I then modified the ~add-ons/Era_of_Myths references to point to the actual locations of the files (/usr/loca/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths), but I still get the same errors:

Code: Select all

20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/detect.cfg'
20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/EOM_eras.cfg'
20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/mainline-strings.cfg'
20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/macros'
20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/macros/general-movetypes.cfg'
20090620 18:49:40 error config: File not found '/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/add-ons/Era_of_Myths/units/'
So how can I install the era without having direct internet access?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: installing eras manually

Post by Soliton »

Revert the mess you made and go to: http://dev-addons.wesnoth.org/ (since it looks like you're using the development version)
Instructions for manual installation are at the top.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
grayFalcon

Post by grayFalcon »

Thanks a lot! Fortunately, I did think to make a backup of all files I modified before embarking on this adventure ;)
grayFalcon

Post by grayFalcon »

So, I have tried to just unzip the files into userdata/data/add-ons/ as per the instructions on the page, but when I start a multiplayer game, I still can't choose any other era than default and heroes. Sure I don't have to add something to the _main.cfg in multiplayer?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

grayFalcon wrote:So, I have tried to just unzip the files into userdata/data/add-ons/ as per the instructions on the page, but when I start a multiplayer game, I still can't choose any other era than default and heroes.
You found out that your userdata dir is ~/.wesnoth1.7, right? (Wesnoth mentions what userdata dir it uses on startup so check there if that's still not right.)
I guess that could be clarified on the linked page...
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
grayFalcon

Post by grayFalcon »

Ouch, thanks a lot! I put it in /usr/local/share/...