Hotkey troubles

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Retsam

Hotkey troubles

Post by Retsam »

I have varying problems with hotkeys. Sometimes, I run the game and it all works fine.

Then there are times when, whenever I press the space bar to end a unit's turn, the game behaves as if I were holding down the key, and doesn't stop until I press the space bar again. This is frustrating, because it quickly cycles through all of my units and ends all of their turns, so I no longer know what units have yet to move.
And other times I run the game and the hotkeys do not respond at all. At the very least, specific hotkeys, like the Next Unit hotkey does not respond. I'm not sure if all hotkeys fail to work, or just specific ones, off the top of my head. I get the first problem more commonly.

I'm running Windows XP, Wesnoth Version 1.6.5, the problem is not savefile dependent, nor is there anything in the error log, it's just quirky hotkey behavior.
MRDNRA

Re: Hotkey troubles

Post by MRDNRA »

I noticed similar problems with the "undo" key (u) in 1.4.7, I may also have had this problem in 1.6.5 (I found I had problems with 1.6.5 of not being able to load any campaign saves, so I stuck to 1.4.7 for a while). I have yet to encounter this problem in the 1.8 beta 2 and beta 3, although that may be simply because I now always use the mouse to bring up the menu to undo movement. Basically, the problem I had was that when pressing the u key, sometimes it would bring up the unit list screen, rather than actually undoing a move.