PoEdit giving erros on pot update and po save

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Knitter

PoEdit giving erros on pot update and po save

Post by Knitter »

Hi,

I've restarted the translation effort for Portuguese but am having some strange errors on PoEdit, though they may be related to my OS or to PoEdit, I would like to know if anyone has had similar problems as only the Wesnoth files are giving me trouble.

When I open and save a po file some header information is lost. If I open the new po file with a text editor and the original one, from Wesnoth's SVN, some of the header info is gone, even though I have tried setting it in PoEdit.

Saving the file gives me this:
:28:40: pt.po:8: invalid nplurals value
16:28:40: pt.po:8: field `Project-Id-Version' still has initial default value
16:28:40: /Applications/Poedit.app/Contents/MacOS/msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
I had the impression that the po file settings were not to be changed, but these seem to be either wrong or missing.

If I need to update my working po file from the SVN pot, I get the following errors:
16:29:07: Malformed header: '#-#-#-#-# wesnoth.cpp1.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#'
16:29:07: Malformed header: '#-#-#-#-# wesnoth.wml.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#'
16:29:07: Malformed header: '#-#-#-#-# wesnoth.cpp1.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#'
16:29:07: Malformed header: '#-#-#-#-# wesnoth.wml.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#'
Though the update seems to be successful.

I've never had these errors, but I worked with PoEdit in Windows and now I'm using OS X. Can I ignore the errors? Has anyone had similar ones?

I'll be reading the PoEdit help files but if anyone could shed some light on the subject I would be grateful.

Regards.