Quick Question about lore...

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mithander

Quick Question about lore...

Post by Mithander »

So I did use the search function but I couldn't find any post really pertaining to this (though most likely I am blind... seriously I am.) but if I wish to have a campaign hosted on the add-on site how strictly must the lore/history/events that occur within the campaign adhere to the Wesnoth world if at all? Not sure if this is the right (or write hehehe) place to post this but it seemed like it was, as this is pertaining to the writing for a campaign story board (but feel free to move this)...
Thank you for your help! :mrgreen:
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick Question about lore...

Post by artisticdude »

They don't have to adhere at all AFAIK, although it is of course preferrable if they do. :)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Mithander

Post by Mithander »

Thank you very much, is there a lore suppository such as a lorewiki or something similar so I don't have to roam the forum for hours? (So much writing to do!!!)
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

There are lots of add-on campaigns that have nothing to do with the world of mainline Wesnoth. Other campaigns have a basically similar fantasy background, but have no specific details that concretely link them to the world of Wesnoth.

It's all good..
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

I'm finally admitting that this will be a very long (if not permanent) Wesbreak. Thank y'all for the great times, and may Wesnoth rise to become one of the most popular games on the planet.
boru

Post by boru »

Mithander wrote:Thank you very much, is there a lore suppository such as a lorewiki or something similar so I don't have to roam the forum for hours? (So much writing to do!!!)
I'm almost sure you mean repository but thanks for the chuckle.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Mithander

Post by Mithander »

boru wrote:I'm almost sure you mean repository but thanks for the chuckle.
I know what I said... :wink:
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

There was a Wesnoth Lore collection project here some months ago.