Please add a Flattr Button to the Wesnoth Homepage

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wdick

Please add a Flattr Button to the Wesnoth Homepage

Post by wdick »

Hello,
I stumbled upon Wesnoth two weeks ago and thought about donating some money for the project. But for a couple weeks now I'm using Flattr (http://flattr.com/) to pay for good content and I really like the idea of it.
So, how about you add a Flattr button to your web page and people, like me, can donate monthly through flattr.

Greetings
Waldemar

P.S. Keep up the good work!
boru

Re: Please add a Flattr Button to the Wesnoth Homepage

Post by boru »

Interesting concept. Why do they take 10% off the top? That sounds unreasonably high.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

boru wrote:Interesting concept. Why do they take 10% off the top? That sounds unreasonably high.
That depends. Fees on micro-transactions are likely to be hirer, percentage-wise, than fees on larger transactions. It really depends on the volume and cost of infrastructure.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

wdick wrote:HI stumbled upon Wesnoth two weeks ago and thought about donating some money for the project. [...]
So, how about you add a Flattr button to your web page and people, like me, can donate monthly through flattr.
We aren't currently accepting donations since the Battle for Wesnoth Project has other, stable revenue sources to support our infrastructure and scholarship programs, so there wouldn't be much use for voluntary donations either way.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Seems like (maybe induced by this discussion) someone created a flattr-account a week ago: http://flattr.com/profile/wesnoth, and added to the homepage.

Just a heads-up for the ones who don't look at the homepage regularily.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Ah thank you for the update. Now this thread can rest in peace before someone comes along and steers it off the tracks.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

pauxlo wrote:Just a heads-up for the ones who don't look at the homepage regularily.
Depending on the reception, this may be added to the wiki and forum views as well. I just haven't figured out any place where it'd fit for every forum style — more like there's no style where it'd not look out of place, unless I used the site navbar instead.

Let's see how well this goes...
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.