Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chusquero

Re: The Ice Age/Ice Age Fun

Post by Chusquero »

Spoiler:
Can't do it sorry, I just deleted the saves :cry:

Edited: BTW I'll do those test when I get there.
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Allright, I'm there again (facing Snaga) and Jobath didn't travel back in time. I messed with the debug mode I think.

Ok... I'm going back to see that is the dragon statue in the north shore of the troll's river... I'm courious :eng: (Edited: That's a smart troll!)

By the way this campaign is cool and expands the gameplay a lot (I'm a bit tired of facing overwhelming undead armies, maybe I talk too soon...)
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Oh, good. I was starting to be worried there.
Chusquero wrote: (I'm a bit tired of facing overwhelming undead armies, maybe I talk too soon...)
I think there's only three or four scenarios in the whole that even have undead, so that should be it. :)

On a bit of a side note, I just released version 1.4.0 for the 1.9 branch of Ice Age Fun. This should make "Stone of Destiny" a lot less tedious.
:doh: And just realized I forgot to clarify the part with the sky drakes.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Return of shadows' feedback:

Superior, great, a well modelled rushing situation, I was really happy to have highlevel deerstalkers hehe.
Now the harsh things: The dwarf and the grandpa had all the villages... Well, I think the grandpa and the deerstalker leader dhould have the bigger village sectors, then the dwarf (because he has been there few days) and the magician (obviously the mages are elite and few) with the smaller villages sectors... It was just my feeling, there were too much dwarves! :hmm:

But, the main opinion is still good, really good, mainly because there were no undeads!!! 8/10!!!
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Yeah, I never really liked the way Ashkenaz went and took all the villages like that. The problem for me is that the code for giving out individual villages is kind of...lengthy. With the number of villages on the map, there would be probably ~100 lines of code. Not to mention I have to get the coordinates for each and every village. :augh:
I'm glad you're still enjoying it, and I would like it if you could give a full feedback over in the add-on subforum when you're finished. :)

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Erdorean

Post by Erdorean »

Hey there my condolences on a good campain, been lot's of fun to play so far.

Having a problem with the Elusive Elephant Bird scenario, I've killed everything (exept the mammoth, I avoided him) and the scenario won't end. I've explored the entire map and killed a lvl. 3 Elephant Bird (which I assume is the leader) and it still isn't over.. I'm playing on 1.9.4, if that makes any difference.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

:hmm: Are you sure you checked everywhere? There's one location in particular: A great tree in the extreme lower-right (southeast) corner (its coordinates are 41,38). When you get close an event will trigger that will cause the bird to start squawking. In 1.9.x this should also put a golden hex outline right where he is. If you have already checked there, then I need you to send me a savegame from somewhere in the Elephant Bird scenario so I can have a look at it. Thanks for the report!
Best Regards,
Mountain_King
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

That got me as well. I killed the Big Bird, but nothing happened, so I explored a bit more. Eventually I realised how stupid I was being and sent down some guys to check out the tree. Lo and behold, there's the bird.
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Chusquero wrote:Yeah, I never really liked the way Ashkenaz went and took all the villages like that. The problem for me is that the code for giving out individual villages is kind of...lengthy. With the number of villages on the map, there would be probably ~100 lines of code. Not to mention I have to get the coordinates for each and every village. :augh:
Not really. You just need to change de sides between deerstalker and dwarf leaders, so the first will take more villages (I think it should be: Me, Granpa, Deerstalker, Dwarf, Mage, Enemies). :hmm: The mage could go before the dwarf :hmm:
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

The gauntlet scenario: There are two other red sides (me, the shoutern ogre and the northern undead).
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Chusquero wrote:The gauntlet scenario: There are two other red sides (me, the shoutern ogre and the northern undead).
Dang, I thought I fixed that! :doh: I'll have to have a look at it tomorrow, when I can get on the computer that has 1.8 on it.
On another note, I decided to stop griping and take a look at the villages for Return of Shadows. There was about a hundred lines of code, but copy+paste helped cut down immensely on the freehand typing I had to do. So, the next 1.9 release will give all the allied leaders villages (Yochyd has eight, while the other leaders have five each).
Let me know if any other teams have matching team colors, and I'll work on fixing it.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Also, in the same scenario, the dwarf ally and the northeast orc are both blue.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

:hmm: The dwarf is supposed to be green. That's not right. I'll add it to the list. :)
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Mountain_King wrote::hmm: The dwarf is supposed to be green. That's not right. I'll add it to the list. :)
Actually, the ogre is red but the flags in his villages are green.
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

Hi-- using BfW ver 1.8.5 and IAF 1.2.6 beta: I'm pretty sure that, in "Love at First Blight," the hero team color was red, and two of the enemy bosses were also red.
--sneezy