1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

enz

Re: 1.10 and 1.11 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by enz »

Hi. I just started playing Bad Moon Rising Part 1 and quickly run into a critical bug in scenario "A Trial". In the first attack of the Shadow Opponent, the opponent drains life from Scarrion and gets a huge number of hit points (more than 100000000), which makes it impossible to continue the game without editing the saved game. I am using Wesnoth 1.10.4, BMR1 1.4.4+svn.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi.

Lipk had the same problem:
http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=529126#p529126

But I was not able to reproduce it and I didn't see where it could be coming from, I suspect it's not a bug with the campaign.

The good news is that that scenario is not really important, it was mostly for giving Scarrion XP, so you can skip it with

:debug
:n

without ruining anything.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
enz

Post by enz »

If this is not a bug in the campaign but in Wesnoth, it should be looked into by the Wesnoth developers. I opened a bug report here:

https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?20438
ALdbeign

Post by ALdbeign »

Hi,

I'm wondering, are Duval and "peasant" not supposed to be able to buy the upgrade items in Colgana, or is this a bug?

Also, great campaign! I'm definitely enjoying it and as a mediocre player, I find the skirmishes make it more possible rather than easy, I have given up on a few others because I just couldn't get past one point or another.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ALdbeign wrote:I'm wondering, are Duval and "peasant" not supposed to be able to buy the upgrade items in Colgana, or is this a bug?
Sounds like an oversight, though blowing 100+ g on a peasant doesn't sound like something that should be encouraged. Duval should be fixed though, I'll look into it. Thanks.
EDIT: Actually, are you sure about the peasants? I don't have a save of that particular scenario, but they can be selected in another shop, and I don't see anything preventing them in the WML...
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
ALdbeign

Post by ALdbeign »

doofus-01 wrote:EDIT: Actually, are you sure about the peasants? I don't have a save of that particular scenario, but they can be selected in another shop, and I don't see anything preventing them in the WML...
I only have one peasant, his name is "peasant" and I think you meant for him to die, which he did 3 of the 5 tries it took me to win the Rescue Scenario (where you get Raenna), I have since leveled him up to be a Halberdier though (yes, popping 100+ gold on a peasant would be silly. I won't do it for my dogs either haha)
mirwen

Post by mirwen »

Hi,
first of all, your campaign is great, however, i experience a bug in BMR3, "volcano" level.

I open the door following the chimera, i can play 1 turn, but then the game stop (it does not seem to freeze, it seems to be searching something) when it comes to the red's/Belleros's turn.

Any idea about what may be the cause, and how to solve it?

thank you;
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

I do not recall seeing that. Could you post a save-file?

Thanks.
mirwen

Post by mirwen »

Here are the saves.
As i said, it is not a freeze, so i was able to save during the "never-ending loading time"

I wonder if it could be because i let the hunter (forgot his name) that just joined me die, if he had a dialog or something.
BMR3-Volcano_Turn_19.gz
turn 19: just before
(95.22 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
BMR3-Volcano_Turn_20.gz
save at turn 20: during the bug
(96.58 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've checked it out and you're right, it is not a freeze. The AI just takes a really long time to think. It does eventually move, and then things speed back up to normal. I was hoping there would be some error message or something, but there wasn't.

So, I'm not sure what to say. I can see how this would be annoying, but it is possible to get past it by waiting. For what it's worth, I haven't seen this happen in the BfW 1.11.x series. Sorry I don't have a better answer.
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

Hi doofus-01!

First of all, you just have won an admirer, I loved BMR-1 and now I'm playing BMR part 2.

I'm currently stuck in second scenario (Rescue), playing in normal... Is this scenario suposed to be played after leveling up? I find it really unbalanced . I think I had try every single tactic and, whatever I try, a hero dies around turn 7-8.

I'd apreciate any clue.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hello,
Chusquero wrote:I'm currently stuck in second scenario (Rescue), playing in normal... Is this scenario suposed to be played after leveling up? I find it really unbalanced . I think I had try every single tactic and, whatever I try, a hero dies around turn 7-8.
It is probably too difficult to do without leveling up. It is much easier if you fight some orcs on the worldmap first.
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

I got it! There is a lot of options and wide range of posibilities to play. Quick strike forces formed by commandoes (first blow) and attack dogs (to finish them up) and the ability to create a solid frontline with veterans, subcommanders, witches and the guys with torches... I like the race/army that you made.

Now I'm defending the north-west fort... seems easy :)
Chusquero

Post by Chusquero »

I had such a nice surprise in scenario "Mount Tien" (BMR3)... I rushed the right flank with 4 commandoes to assesinate enemy leader while the whole army stands in the snowy hills just below the first enemy castle... I like the "feel of living scenarios" that you do!

CAUTION: SCENARIO SPOIL
Spoiler:
mirwen

Post by mirwen »

I finished the whole campaign, it is wonderful.
Just a few things to report:
Trinity: Onslaught: I managed to kill the kthon/elf leader, and he was there in the next scenario; maybe you could add an animation to make him flee.
Finale: i got an error saying something like "team is empty, team set to =" and some other stuff. It did not stop the game but i had this message for a few turns (i have no save to show you, sorry).

I also had a severe lag (like i told you previously) in this scenario just after the "closing" of the tunnel (when everything else become hidden). Probably because the ennemy team start to recruit a lot.

And i dont understand how the prince and bresda manage to teleport/disappear as there is nobody left to activate the telportation, they even say it! That part was somewhat unclear about who needed to be teleported, i went for every character with a crown, but i was not enough, so i teleported nearly all my units, and that was ok, but i dont know wich one was blocking me.

Other than that, really a great job.