TRoW Campaign Walkthrough Needed

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shade

TRoW Campaign Walkthrough Needed

Post by Shade »

Hi,
The TRoW campaign could really use a walkthrough. I've been meaning to write one but I've never got around to it :( If anybody who has played TRoW would like to take a stab at it I would be in your debt...

This is becoming particularly important in light of the Great Library thread ( http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4260 ) This would be a great job for somebody who wants to contribute but doesn't know what to do.

All you have to do is go here: ( http://wesnoth.slack.it/?ScenarioDiscussion ) and click the little plus sign beside the campaign name. Any help would be appreciated!
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Shade,
I've been meaning to write an illustrated strategy and tactics guide.
This means a pictorial guide with examples showing actual situations
and where, when and how to strike or defend. This has examples from
TROW, but not exclusively and is not TROW-specific. For instance one
example is from the Oldwood and you have the southern force with knights and Paladins, plus some white mages and westfolk. (one picture)
Then it says if you now charge with your paladin to kill an orcish crossbow
far ahead of your support(picture), in the next turn he will be surrounded by orcish archers/assasins/crossbows and lost. If on the other
hand you advance more slowly so that any of your front units can only be attacked by at most 2 enemy units(picture), it cannot be killed and
in next turn you pretty much wipe out all opponents.

Like I said though this is not TROW specific, e.g. in other campaigns
where elves fight trolls for instance, your front line cannot hold(2 trolls hitting your front lines is enough to make it collapse) and the strategy is
different.

I understand you are not looking for that though....
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

I've been meaning to write one of these for a while.
Since I have won TRoW twice (on Easy), I think I am capable of writing one.
But, I would rather write a "strategy guide" then a walk-through. I will give general information and hints for each scenario, without any spoilers?
Sound good?
Shade

Glowing Fish & santi

Post by Shade »

Glowing Fish, this is basically what I looking for. There are already Wiki Pages for most of the other campaigns so scenario tips without huge spoilers would be great. Santi, a strategy guide is a good idea, but what is needed for TRoW is a walkthorough strategy guide like HttT has ( http://wesnoth.slack.it/?HtttStoryLine) . But, don let me discourage you from writing a strategy guide... I trying to pawn off a job I should have done long ago... So good luck on your guide...

Basically anybody that has the time and desire to to write an outline for a TRoW scenario along the lines of what can be found for HttT should just feel free to do so. It the joy of having a Wiki... ANY help would be appreciated (Sorry about the delay in reply, I couldn get on Wesnoth.org for a couple of days)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Hi,

I can wrote next one and one for the swamp of Esten. I suspect my strategy for a Harrowing Escape wasn't the best possible so I leave it for someone else.

Jussi
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

However, note that the later scenarios in HTTT are not a good example... <5 sentences is hardly better than 0... :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Sorry about the brevity of the later HttT scenario descriptions. I ran out of time, anyone with better ideas should add to the text, that's what a Wiki is for.