getting to next scenario in my self-created campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

whynot

getting to next scenario in my self-created campaign

Post by whynot »

Hey all,

i'm relatively new to this game and was just playing it some time (but i stuck at "Heir to the Throne" after the Crossroads-scenario).
Now i though it would be funny to create my own campaing.

Hence i started to read a lot of the WML and how campaigns are designed.

So far, so good.

My first scenario was fine. It works and is balanced (so far). Now when the target in scenario 1 is reached and it takes me to scenario 2 i always get the same result: config-file of scenario 2 is used, but map of scenario 1 is shown. Variable "next_scenario" is set correctly in config file of scenario 1.
If i rename map- and config-file of scenario 2 to scenario 1 everything is shown correctly.

Does anyone has an idea where my fault is ? Maybe i "just can't see the forest because of all the trees" (as we say in Germany) ?!....

thanks in advance

STEFAN aka whynot
aelius

Post by aelius »

Can you post the two scenarios? Are you using a macro to set the map? Have you checked to make sure the maps aren't identical (how many times has that gotten me...)

- b.
whynot

Post by whynot »

the campaign should be more adventure-like than fighting and more being fun than being tactical.

Both maps have the same size (20x20 fields) and scenario 1 shall lead to 3 different maps, so the player has the choose which way he will go. Currently i'm working on the first way after the first scenario. So way 2 and 3 are not defined so far and have to be added to the config-file of scenario 1.

Attached both config files (The_Awakening is scenario 1, nemrac_road is the sceond).

STEFAN aka whynot

btw: don't mess with the german text and german commentary. I just create the campaign in german not to loose time with translating (so my focus is completely to the story). If it's ready i will translate it in english.
Attachments
The_Awakening.cfg
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
nemrac_road.cfg
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
aelius

Post by aelius »

whynot wrote:btw: don't mess with the german text and german commentary. I just create the campaign in german not to loose time with translating (so my focus is completely to the story). If it's ready i will translate it in english.
Your English is much better than my German, so no worries! One small correction: to loose; vt - "to set free" to lose; vt - "to misplace, to no longer have"

Code: Select all

textdomain=wesnoth-httt
should probably be changet to something else. "httt" stands for "Heir to the Throne".

I'll look at the map stuff after school and see what I can figure. Can you post the maps too?

- b.
whynot

Post by whynot »

One small correction: to loose; vt - "to set free" to lose; vt - "to misplace, to no longer have"
thanks a lot for your corrections. I'm always glad when i can improve my english. But many people seem to be to shy to correct somebody else...unfortunately...

okay, here are the maps. I had to add an extension (.txt) to make the system upload it. In my map-folder there is of course no extension.

STEFAN aka whynot

btw: the only time i was in the USA (in 1997) i visited my brother in Virgina. He lived in Roanoke, and i had the opportunity to stay there for three weeks. Nice city and, of course, wonderful hockey stadium. I enjoyed the games there very much, although i missed the game vs. Richmond :-(
Attachments
The_Awakening.txt
(420 Bytes) Downloaded 183 times
nemrac_road.txt
(420 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times