Obtaining Themes?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wolfzrat

Obtaining Themes?

Post by wolfzrat »

Hello,

I just started to get into Battle for Wesnoth. I was wondering if someone could kindly direct me to where I can get pre-made themes. Or a place where I can educate myself on how to install themes. I really would like to customize the game and make it my own.

Thank you in advance.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Obtaining Themes?

Post by Atreides »

wolfzrat wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:16 pm Hello,

I just started to get into Battle for Wesnoth. I was wondering if someone could kindly direct me to where I can get pre-made themes. Or a place where I can educate myself on how to install themes. I really would like to customize the game and make it my own.

Thank you in advance.
Check out the addons, customize Wes to your hearts content! : )
Heindal

Re: Obtaining Themes?

Post by Heindal »

As this isn't really helpful, I will just share this link:

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ThemeWML

this shows you how to make your own theme. However there are just a few add-ons, that really used that in the past.

In general: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ will show you how to built and change the theme.

Some examples however can be found, just by opening add-ons and browsing for "Theme" or "themes" such as Classic Theme and Combat Information.
Add-ons such as Dwarvish Kingdom, Altera and Merry Crystmas might also provide some examples that you need.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer