Cant select XP MOD

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Thestoicus

Cant select XP MOD

Post by Thestoicus »

Hi,maybe a dumb question, but in Wesnoth 1.16... I cant select the XP MOD anymore

I allways have to select Reign of the lords advancement, otherwise I can't select the xp mod.

Even when I select both, the xp mod doesnt seem to work. There seems to be an issue with the reign of the lords advancement too

Anyone know any solutions?

The installed language is DUTCH , I downloaded it again from STEAM

THANK YOU!!
dwarftough

Re: Cant select XP MOD

Post by dwarftough »

It's a Wesnoth bug caused by some mods being interpreted incorrectly. Try to delete some extra mods you don't need, after deleting some of them the problem should disappear (unfortunately I can't list which exactly mods, I think the reason which causes the bug is known but there is no lost of mods that are known to cause it)
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

My understanding is that this is more of an unintuitive feature than a bug - things can list out required mods (automatically enables other mods when selected) and forbidden mods (automatically disables other mods when selected).
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Pentarctagon wrote: January 11th, 2023, 5:37 pm My understanding is that this is more of an unintuitive feature than a bug - things can list out required mods (automatically enables other mods when selected) and forbidden mods (automatically disables other mods when selected).
I thought the bug was because some mods declared twice and it completely disrupts reacting to the checkbox click in the mods selection window. At least my experience was that after I had removed the mod which caused a warning about "mod with id=Dead_Bodies already exists" this bug disappeared
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Oh yeah, that sounds familiar too now that you said it.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Thestoicus

Post by Thestoicus »

THANK YOU ALL for the replies, It works fine now, indeed it was some of the add ons

I removed them all, so dont know wich one caused the problem either

Thank you for the replies