Add-ons/Multiplayer Inaccessible

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Thatchick42

Add-ons/Multiplayer Inaccessible

Post by Thatchick42 »

Hey guys so I tried to go to the in game add-on server to download new campaigns and it wont let me access the add-ons list or the multiplayer other then local game just pops up a message saying remote host disconnected with the add-ons and access is denied with the multiplayer. Im running the 1.17.17 version also tried 1.17.16 as well as 1.16.9 and 1.16.8. Im running on either a windows 7 or a windows 10 not sure how to find out which and not sure if any of that really matters but if you guys have any answers or maybe an alternate way to get new campaigns i would really appreciate it cause ive looked for this problem and cant find much for solutions. One page said something about maybe a certain file didnt install right so i redownloaded each version and no change so i figure maybe theres some way to manually install that file or something.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Add-ons/Multiplayer Inaccessible

Post by Pentarctagon »

Please provide the relevant information from viewtopic.php?t=25660
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Thatchick42 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 7:39 pm maybe an alternate way to get new campaigns
It's possible to download and install add-ons manually - you can get them from https://addons.wesnoth.org/
Thatchick42

Post by Thatchick42 »

gnombat wrote: June 21st, 2023, 10:12 pm
Thatchick42 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 7:39 pm maybe an alternate way to get new campaigns
It's possible to download and install add-ons manually - you can get them from https://addons.wesnoth.org/
So i tried to use this method and when i download from here its only giving me mac files. Am i just missing a certain page for windows addons or something?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

What do you mean by mac files?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Thatchick42 wrote: July 5th, 2023, 10:15 pm So i tried to use this method and when i download from here its only giving me mac files. Am i just missing a certain page for windows addons or something?
The files are .tar.bz2 files (sometimes called "BZIP2"), you just need a program that can unpack that file format. There are programs available for Windows that can do this - if you don't have one already, you could try installing 7-Zip.
Thatchick42

Post by Thatchick42 »

Gnombat was right I just had to find a program to unpack the files right thanks for all the help guys