Ravana's Multiplayer Works

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DwarvenWarrior

Re: Ravana's Multiplayer Works

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

I like this village mod.
I would like to know what was fixed in 1.0.4
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

DwarvenWarrior wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 7:31 pm I like this village mod.
I would like to know what was fixed in 1.0.4
undo was re-enabled according to changelog.

I should also report that ally village mod (great fave) does seem to have a typo. The popup says Capture/Dont... surely that should be Don't.

Also a request: change the default to Don't. I mean why install/enable this and have it default to not doing anything? : )
(It's not the only mod that has an option off switch but I don't actually see the point, I choose mods to use or not use from the main screen, either they have a checkmark and are on or they are not)

Just some minor improvements. Already done on my personal copy.
DwarvenWarrior

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

Atreides wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 7:59 pm

undo was re-enabled according to changelog.

I should also report that ally village mod (great fave) does seem to have a typo. The popup says Capture/Dont... surely that should be Don't.

Also a request: change the default to Don't. I mean why install/enable this and have it default to not doing anything? : )
(It's not the only mod that has an option off switch but I don't actually see the point, I choose mods to use or not use from the main screen, either they have a checkmark and are on or they are not)

Just some minor improvements. Already done on my personal copy.
From where did you get the changelog?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Thing with typo is that since my language does not use ' symbol, I usually avoid it in casual context - so I treat it just as programming-language-only symbol which has no meaning outside source code. When writing formally I cant use short forms anyways.

I guess I agree about default, but wesnoth also remembers your settings for next game so it shouldnt matter much.

Implementation of undo https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Ally_ ... 52348a8f05
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Ravana wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 8:55 pm Thing with typo is that since my language does not use ' symbol, I usually avoid it in casual context - so I treat it just as programming-language-only symbol which has no meaning outside source code. When writing formally I cant use short forms anyways.
Actually it would be the ’ symbol (unicode character U+2019) instead of the ' symbol if you want to follow the Wesnoth Typography Style Guide.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

gnombat wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 9:58 pm
Ravana wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 8:55 pm Thing with typo is that since my language does not use ' symbol, I usually avoid it in casual context - so I treat it just as programming-language-only symbol which has no meaning outside source code. When writing formally I cant use short forms anyways.
Actually it would be the ’ symbol (unicode character U+2019) instead of the ' symbol if you want to follow the Wesnoth Typography Style Guide.
Oh no! It's the apostrophe police. ; - )

Oh wait... did I just burn myself there? Errr...

Regarding contractions it reminds me of all those science fiction movies and shows where the robots/androids can not use them. I think on ST:TNG there was a second Data and he had a different linguistics chip or such and he could use them.

Oh and about mods remembering settings, yeah they do unless you toggle them off again at which point they reset to default. For most mods that's the only way to turn them off. I do see that having a second option to leave them on always and then switch them off on the options screen does have an advantage in that it retains the config. Which gives me an idea that I should probably add that to my mod for those who might like it. Cool. Version 3.0.1 sounds better anyways. : )
Yeah, makes sense now. Any mod that is configurable _should_ have an option to disable it from the options screen. Of course as far as ally village goes it is not really configurable. It has 2 states. Active and inactive.

Oh almost forgot with all my yakking: changelog is in the directory where the addon is. Gotta read it outside of wesnoth using a text file viewer although I have seen a addon that let you read it via right click menu inside the game!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

In case of these addons changelog is quick reminder of what was done without having to check git log.

For ageless I added in game view https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... gelogs.lua