16. Eleventh Hour

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

16. Eleventh Hour

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Vendrick

Re: 16. Eleventh Hour

Post by Vendrick »

(1) Invasion, 1.18
(2) 8
(3) Clear
(4) Great
(5) Dark Adepts and Dark Sorcerors are the most dangerous units, making the NE and SE fronts the most difficult to hold (at least for my army composition).
(6) 10: One of the best scenarios in mainline, it's so good. Genuinely fantastic and so finely tuned.
(7) This might be my favourite mainline scenario. I started writing in detail about why I think it's great but the post would be too long.

The map design, the AI modifications, the story beats are all fantastic. The Undead forces pulling back to give the player a small reprieve before a renewed onslaught is a great touch. The allied AI leaders being able to mount a half-decent, flexible defence is also really cool.

I forgot to save the original Invasion replay. This was quite a comfortable win since this was my 2nd playthrough on Invasion, I had favourable RNG, and no real veteran losses earlier.
(A civilian randomly moved onto a castle hex where I wanted to recruit so I debug killed them.)
The Dark Sorcerors are the best enemy units on the map, so crushing the Necromancer leader opposite the SE general with a cavalry charge makes the scenario way easier (they don't even have pierce damage). I was intending to abandon the NE front between Turn 12-15 since the Undead wouldn't be able to inflict any real damage at that point, but that Undead side had terrible luck.
I dropped Hahid's Holy Amulet early and then completely forgot about it until the end.
Yannic and Soradoc company are extremely useful and I didn't even get half of them killed this time.
Attachments
Overall campaign stats, before the final scenario choice.
Overall campaign stats, before the final scenario choice.
EI-Eleventh Hour replay 20240512-142815.gz
(214.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times