Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

The way of water can be found in:
Spoiler:
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
lynx

Post by lynx »

Ups, somehow forgot to enter that city.
It's the version before the latest, on 1.18. The second ending overview throws an invalid pango syntax error. From the text it seems like <span> is closed with </small> instead.

EDIT: also some of the dungeons and encounter areas spawned on water maps, which looked odd. And once I managed to enter a cave with a ship and then naturally couldn't move.

It's also a bit odd that you can scout ruins and yet they're sometimes still inhabited, even though you didn't find any sign.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It's the version before the latest, on 1.18. The second ending overview throws an invalid pango syntax error. From the text it seems like <span> is closed with </small> instead.
Ok, I will check this. Too bad it is reported right now, after the big update.
EDIT: also some of the dungeons and encounter areas spawned on water maps, which looked odd. And once I managed to enter a cave with a ship and then naturally couldn't move.
I will prevent this in the future, by checking for the variable if you are onboard a ship. You can than decide to hop off board and swim.
I will probably add an option to land with your ship everywhere.
It's also a bit odd that you can scout ruins and yet they're sometimes still inhabited, even though you didn't find any sign.
Yeah, I think that there is a chance for that, but it can also mean that you are bad in scouting, which is a check for your wildlife skill.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Astradot

Post by Astradot »

Hi everyone !
My first post here and first thing too : thank you very much for Stange Legacy Heindal, it's great to play ! :)

I have found some strange behavior for enemies on version 1.16.21.1
Sometimes after beeing surrounded or if the character stays still, enemies won't attack anymore. :o I have met this behavior with rats, zombies, and some other enemies as well. I know it is not very specific so let me know if you want me to test it and note precisely what is happening and context to describe it to you.

Also i have experienced infinte attack/battle when wolfes attacked me. So what happens is that my character and it's opponent exchanges strikes until one of them dies... :shock: :D

Thank you again for the game ! ;)
lynx

Post by lynx »

Those are not bugs:
1. This happens when you are too powerful and the AI deems it suicidal to attack you. I've seen it as well, since I buffed my defense as much as possible, having it at 100% in some terrains.
2. Those units had the berserk feat, that's all.
Astradot

Post by Astradot »

Oh ok sorry and thank you for your answer.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Astradot wrote: April 30th, 2024, 8:04 am Hi everyone !
My first post here and first thing too : thank you very much for Stange Legacy Heindal, it's great to play ! :)

I have found some strange behavior for enemies on version 1.16.21.1
Sometimes after beeing surrounded or if the character stays still, enemies won't attack anymore. :o I have met this behavior with rats, zombies, and some other enemies as well. I know it is not very specific so let me know if you want me to test it and note precisely what is happening and context to describe it to you.

Also i have experienced infinte attack/battle when wolfes attacked me. So what happens is that my character and it's opponent exchanges strikes until one of them dies... :shock: :D

Thank you again for the game ! ;)
Hi Astradot,

that's awesome. Thanks for playing and even use your first post for me. Unfortunately lynx is right about the wolves. There are some wolves in Strange Legacy that have the berserk ability and they fight till the end. These are called Bloodwolf: https://units.wesnoth.org/1.18/Trader/e ... dwolf.html

But I can understand your confusion, as they look like ordinary wolves, they just should have a slightly red fur.
Timberwolf and Bloodbound are even far more dangerous than the Bloodwolf and have the berserk weapon special as well.

The behavior you described about the units that don't attack: this is indeed a bug and is a problem of the ai.
The ai will not attack you, when the chances are bad or you are about to level up, BUT I've set the aggression to the maximum so all of the units should attack you recklessly. This was caused by a bug that I hope to have fixed in version 1.16.27.

(in one definition I set the agression=1 but it should have been aggression ^^, shame on me)

I'm glad you like this add-on and I hope you keep enjoying it. There is even an RPG mode where you can play as an orc warrior and other less interesting races and classes :P.
Astradot

Post by Astradot »

Hi Heindal,

Thank you for you explaination and all the details. I am still new to your add on but i found it great and i spend quite some time on it. :) I had a break on Wesnoth for years and i am back at it with Strange Legacy. ^_^

Now i will keep digging into the game !
:D