Town of Arnsreach - Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mentos987

Town of Arnsreach - Campaign

Post by mentos987 »

Welcome to the Town of Arnsreach collaboration project. Here you can post any feedback, opinions, suggestions or requests.

Campaign: You handle all military matters of a growing settlement, spanning several decades. One huge map that gradually change and unlocks as the story progress. Story driven.

Mechanics: Resources replaced, experience system reworked, abilities/traits/gear added for deeper tactics, plenty of custom art/animations/weather effects/sounds added, several secrets to find in each scenario.

About us: We are a small group of people that decided to try making a Wesnoth campaign as a team, where we sit in Discord calls weekly to work on this project. As of this writing 1 out of 10 scenarios is finished, expected development time is about a year.

We are always looking for more people to join us. We take anyone that can listen in a voice chat in Discord and have a pulse. PM Durzi/Refumee in Wesnoth Discord for more info.

Please add the difficulty setting, version number and potentially a replay for any bugs you find and post here.

Enjoy!
Attachments
banner.PNG
Last edited by mentos987 on May 1st, 2024, 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
mentos987

Re: Town of Arnsreach - Campaign

Post by mentos987 »

placeholder
mentos987

Post by mentos987 »

placeholder
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

A very well crafted and fine scenario. It was short but very well made as I said. I liked it and i´m curious to see how the town will develop through the times. The storyboard is great and promising. Only the dialogues could be improved, they are somewhat..wooden right now. The emotions at the end don´t get carried over through the dialogues imho. But otherwise I didn´t encounter any bugs.
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
mentos987

Post by mentos987 »

Tarcil wrote: May 11th, 2024, 8:06 am A very well crafted and fine scenario. It was short but very well made as I said. I liked it and i´m curious to see how the town will develop through the times. The storyboard is great and promising. Only the dialogues could be improved, they are somewhat..wooden right now. The emotions at the end don´t get carried over through the dialogues imho. But otherwise I didn´t encounter any bugs.
Ye, we have only done one round of dialogue writing here. Writing is a weakness of the team, as it is now.
Last edited by mentos987 on May 13th, 2024, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mentos987

Post by mentos987 »

Collaboration project “Town of Arnsreach” is now recruiting more people to craft the next scenario.
Try out the first scenario on the Wesnoth addons server, and see if you would like to contribute to more like it.
You play as the military of the growing town of Arnsreach, tasked with protecting and exploring the surrounding lands in a campaign lasting for several decades.
We will sit in Discord voice chats each Friday at 9pm (GMT+1, CET), to discuss progress and what to do next. All are welcome to join, here are a few examples of what you could help us with: story/missions-design, dialogue/text, scenario coding, animations, sounds, art, map making and playtesting.
Send a PM to me or Refumee on Wesnoth Discord for more info.
Attachments
Promo TOA.gif
Promo TOA.gif (493.9 KiB) Viewed 90 times