The Not Unbalanced Map Pack

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

annihilator

Post by annihilator »

My map has been slightly changed in order to gain balance.. Update your pack :wink:
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

I'm the author of Siege Castles.

By the way, I've never known if people really play it. I do it frecuently versus the AI and it's fun and epic, but long. Do other people play it?
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

cobretti wrote:I'm the author of Siege Castles.

By the way, I've never known if people really play it. I do it frecuently versus the AI and it's fun and epic, but long. Do other people play it?
I would play it if it wasn't so big... I'm not really into long games. I like them short and fast.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Plowed through Psyklops's Large Map Pack, and picked out a bunch. I do seem to have some work cut out for me, to add to the tons of other things that I'm trying to do.

I've played Siege Castles several times, and it's fun. The swamp is a bit bad, but I put in the map since it's pretty one-of-a-kind and not way out of whack on balance or anything.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Funny thread title.

Not Unbalanced Map Pack =

Balanced Map Pack.

:P

We should call it the Not Not Not Not Balanced Map Pack.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager

Removed Ruche. That kind of map is hard to balance, and this specimen is just not quite good enough.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
ryn

Post by ryn »

I'd love to play around with these maps... if I didn't have to go around the forums for hours trying to find them :( can someone provide links? If so, I'll volunteer to put them in a tar and a zip file.
2B |! 2B = 3F
olof

Re: The Not Unbalanced Map Pack

Post by olof »

my maps :

2 players

morituri (you forgot it ?)

3 player:

Morituri 1vs1vs1
Morituri 1vs1vs1 (Triangle)
Blitz 1vs1vs1
Blitz 1vs1vs1 (Small)

4 player:

Morituri 2vs2
Charge 2vs2
Blitz 2vs2
Divide and Conquer 2vs2

6 player:

?Mercator (i gave the name, but mkgego did it)

and you should use all the maps in my pack if you want
Cod

Post by Cod »

I LOVE Olof. And his maps. Oh yes.
Elvish_Pillager

Re: The Not Unbalanced Map Pack

olof wrote:morituri (you forgot it ?)
No, it's intentionally omitted.
Elvish_Pillager

Solidified Entrenched, and added Lagoon. Entrenched is good seeming...
Elvish_Pillager

Removed Hexcake 1vs1vs1, on account of unbalance.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

This is my understanding about the Olof/pg maps......Olof made everything in his group except Charge, Blitz and Divide and Conquer (the original versions). He made these 3 part of his map "family" by making multiple multiplayer versions of them. So the spinoffs of these three are all Olof. (80 percent sure.)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager

Removed Isle of Anduin. My recent battle with Noy on it, and a conversation with Dragonking within, and a good deal of reminiscing, have convinced me that its outcome hinges WAY too much on chance.
olof

Post by olof »

Doc Paterson wrote:This is my understanding about the Olof/pg maps......Olof made everything in his group except Charge, Blitz and Divide and Conquer (the original versions). He made these 3 part of his map "family" by making multiple multiplayer versions of them. So the spinoffs of these three are all Olof. (80 percent sure.)
right

:wink: