S.C.O.U.R.G.E.

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ave

Post by Ave »

What's wrong with it:

1. pathfinder
2. getting stuck in narrow corridors
3. selection of partymembers, equipping, etc.
4. sloooow
5. unbalanced

I'll check it again in a year.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

scourge is unplayable. There is no help on what to do, no guide lines on how to attack, you simply do it. It's hard to figure out, and harder to move, and impossible to play. All in all, I think I'll stick with Wesnoth.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Well I'm in contact with the Scourge developer, who coincidentally is very responsive to constructive criticism.

I've suggested to him chiefly 2 things:
  1. Integrate a scripting engine (and we both agreed that Squirrel looks suitable)
  2. Make 0.12 (the release after next) a "polish" release - concentrate on making it a really nice game to play
He's working hard on 0.11 (including a map maker among other things) and I'm working on my own thing until he's done that, then I'll help him with the polish release.
Free Gamer - free games compendium & commentary
FreeGameDev - free game development community
szopen

Post by szopen »

charlieg wrote: [*]Make 0.12 (the release after next) a "polish" release - concentrate on making it a really nice game to play[/list]
"Polish release" yesss! Polish translations are always resulting in better gameplay :)

Writing from rainy Poland :D
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

As witty as it was, it would only have been correct if the p were capitalised. ;)
Free Gamer - free games compendium & commentary
FreeGameDev - free game development community
szopen

Post by szopen »

charlieg wrote:As witty as it was, it would only have been correct if the p were capitalised. ;)
But shouldn't it be "polished"? Asking out of real curiosity, my english is, as you of course have noticed, rather poor.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It would be correct to say "a polished release"; however, a "polish" release is actually more specifically referring to a release intended to be for polish. (i.e. not to many new features, more improving what's there. A polished release would improve what's there but that would not necesarially be the point.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.