Paladin defensive image

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:

Which paladin defensive frame is better?

the one where it rears up
53%
the one where it raises its shield
32%
or neither
16%

Total votes: 19

turin
Lord of the East

Paladin defensive image

Post by turin »

a couple weeks ago i made two frames images for a paladin defensive image. it was never decided upon which image, to use, so i decided to start a poll on the subject. do you like the rearing up one, the standing still one, or neither?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I find the "rear up" too extreme...and you can't see the raised shield. Maybe it should raise the lance too as if trying to use it to deflect the blow. A lance is not a good defensive weapon but it would be far more visible.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
telex4

Post by telex4 »

Rearing up, if there can be one or two frames in between to animate it.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

telex4 wrote:Rearing up, if there can be one or two frames in between to animate it.
I also would like to do this, but Dave says it is not possible with the current code. note that the raised up image is almost identical to the elvish scout's defensive image, at least the horse is.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:
telex4 wrote:Rearing up, if there can be one or two frames in between to animate it.
I also would like to do this, but Dave says it is not possible with the current code. note that the raised up image is almost identical to the elvish scout's defensive image, at least the horse is.
If people really want to have multiple frames for defense, I will do it, but we will have to work out a system to synchronize it with the attack frames.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming