Feudal Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

UnwiseOwl

Re: Feudal Era

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Anyone would think I just trusted you and posted them ;)
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Great!
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Version 0.0.5 on the server. Quick bugfix update that makes the movement types unique to the FE to stop it interfering with other umc.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Version 0.0.5 on the server. Quick bugfix update that makes the movement types unique to the FE to stop it interfering with other umc.
Bug report!

Solve one problem, cause another. Now there's a bug preventing almost all the units in the faction from moving! The Mermaid Initiate and the Aragwaithi are still mobile, so a High Elf-Aragwaithi match on a water map would still work, but very little else would.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Seriously? I really did test it and had no issues on my machine...
It may be a couple of days until I have time to identify and fix this one.
My humblest apologies.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Seriously? I really did test it and had no issues on my machine...
It may be a couple of days until I have time to identify and fix this one.
My humblest apologies.
These things happen. No big deal.

And I think the problem is with the individual unit cfg's.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

The Feudal Era returns!

Debugged, ported and uploaded for 1.14/16 (1.12 also debugged).
basplate

Post by basplate »

Atreides wrote: April 4th, 2023, 4:38 pm The Feudal Era returns!

Great news! :)
Any chance to see new content in the future?
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

basplate wrote: April 5th, 2023, 5:37 pm

Great news! :)
Any chance to see new content in the future?
Glad you like it!
New content? Do you mean as in an expansion of the Era? New units, etc?
basplate

Post by basplate »

Yes or graphic rework, fusion with another era.
I don't know 😊
If I recall well there are several high elves units with very similar graphics.
I would gladly help in that aspect but I don't know how to make these pictures.
On the other hand I think I can help with the code should you wish to pursue this era
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

basplate wrote: April 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm Yes or graphic rework, fusion with another era.
I don't know 😊
On the other hand I think I can help with the code should you wish to pursue this era
Ah graphics are also something I have no experience with. I think though that FE has rather fine graphics, I was just playing the High Elves and they look very nice and even have great animations. They did need some fixing up because of broken advancements (spotted them in the web units database page) and several factions needed to have high level unit xp adjusted (level 3 needing 50 and the level 2 needing 75...).
Codewise I think I have things under control (haha said every programmer ever until the next bug pops up ; ).
Anyways if you have any ideas for improvement let's hear 'em! I'm usually too wrapped up with fixing stuff to get creative...

P.S. Oh as for fusion with another era I've kind of already done that. I created something called A Neverending Era which fuses together 10 eras including the Feudal.
basplate

Post by basplate »

Atreides wrote: April 6th, 2023, 5:32 pm
basplate wrote: April 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm Yes or graphic rework, fusion with another era.
I don't know 😊
Ah graphics are also something I have no experience with. I think though that FE has rather fine graphics, I was just playing the High Elves and they look very nice and even have great animations. They did need some fixing up because of broken advancements (spotted them in the web units database page) and several factions needed to have high level unit xp adjusted (level 3 needing 50 and the level 2 needing 75...).
Codewise I think I have things under control (haha said every programmer ever until the next bug pops up ; ).
Anyways if you have any ideas for improvement let's hear 'em! I'm usually too wrapped up with fixing stuff to get creative...

P.S. Oh as for fusion with another era I've kind of already done that. I created something called A Neverending Era which fuses together 10 eras including the Feudal.
Yes overall graphics are great but three tier three units have the same picture namely escrimeur gendarmes chevauleger. It's a bit confusing
At least it's what I see in the database I haven't tested in the game yet.

All right I completely missed this Era, well done !
Thanks for your answers :)
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Thank you! Great to have this back!
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

basplate wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:37 pm
Atreides wrote: April 6th, 2023, 5:32 pm
I don't know 😊

Yes overall graphics are great but three tier three units have the same picture namely escrimeur gendarmes chevauleger. It's a bit confusing
At least it's what I see in the database I haven't tested in the game yet.

All right I completely missed this Era, well done !
Thanks for your answers :)
Oh yes those, heh. Yeah they appear to have been half finished units. The pics for them are copies because they had none at all! It's a makeshift solution. As you may know this era exists already as part of the Ageless and while I avoid copying what they did I looked to see how they solved that problem and those 3 having the same sprite is what they did. I was hoping they might have had new sprites for them but it isn't the case.
I agree that it is a problem but without an artist to at least frankenstein them (even that is beyond me) I am at a loss for how to solve it...
BTW the expert knife thrower was another unfinished unit without any graphics so I gave it the mainline assassin's. That's another one that needs help.