Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

How does this look?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

much better, but now the arm is too thin. the upper arm (closest to the body) should be thicker. change that, and i will say you are done.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Here you go.
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Don't forget the accents =)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Woodwizzle wrote:Don't forget the accents =)
accents?

anyway, yes, that looks much better. what would this be the advancement of, shock trooper?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i see a problem, if this is the advancement of shock trooper- they look nothing alike.

i suggest changing the colors on the new image to mimick those of the shock trooper.
The World of Orbivm
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

turin wrote: accents?
Look at the first page of this thread and you'll see a version with gold accents.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

yeah - Xactly what I wuz saying - maybe not enough, but it looks waaay better now.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

OK, here are three options: Original steel, Shocktrooper Grey, and Shocktrooper Accented.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

mm he still look too much like an orc. (same helmet, same boots) try using some parts from the shoocktrooper... to make him more unorcish....
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Shocktrooper Accented has my vote. I also agree with fmunoz... it needs to be a lil' more shock trooperish
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Unfortunately, I can't steal the boots from the shocktrooper - they simply don't work with this stance. I've modified them a little, though, and stolen the helmet. How does this feel?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i would advise changing the stance of the shield so that it was diagonal, like that of the shock trooper. i just compared the two, and after that, i think this will look like an acceptable upgrade.

one thing- this is using a warhammer. the heavy infantry is using one, but its upgrade, the shock trooper, uses a mace. do we really want it going warhammer->mace->warhammer?
i think you should change the weapon on the advancement to a mace, like the shock trooper.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

OK, I've modified the shield. I get what you mean about the warhammer -> Flail -> Warhammer transition, but I'm not so certain it's a problem. A hammer just seems so suitable for this guy.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

true. maybe the shock trooper (that name is going to be changed, right?) should also have a warhammer. that would increase consistency, among other things.
The World of Orbivm