Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Mummies

Post by Darth Fool »

Ok, I'm thinking of it as an upgrade to ghoul, but maybe both should be an upgrade to zombie...
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Mmm too small head for a Wesnoth unit..
IMHO we could use them as level 2 special units.. just in the campaigns.
Ghouls aready have a planned upgrades (Necrophage and Gorger) just waiting me to be finished :-) (and the healing while eating/killing skill)
Maybe I could add some kinf of upgrade for the Walking corpse... weaker than most level 1 units but a bit better than level 0.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

fmunoz wrote:Mmm too small head for a Wesnoth unit..
huh? The head is the only thing from another Wesnoth unit, I stole it from the Ghouls.
Maybe this means the body is too large (it's talller than the ghoul 'cause it is standing up straight...)
Ghouls aready have a planned upgrades (Necrophage and Gorger) just waiting me to be finished :-) (and the healing while eating/killing skill)
Maybe I could add some kinf of upgrade for the Walking corpse... weaker than most level 1 units but a bit better than level 0.
Wll, I think having the walking dead upgrade would make them better (and hence slightly more dangerous).

I'm imagining for the mummy that with all the preservatives it would be hardier then zombiies, but still just as susceptible to fire. Perhaps it would have a poisen/mummrot attack...
Mortifer

Post by Mortifer »

Ohhh very nice gfx! :)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Darth Fool wrote:
huh? The head is the only thing from another Wesnoth unit, I stole it from the Ghouls.
Maybe this means the body is too large (it's talller than the ghoul 'cause it is standing up straight...)
the ghoul head is for a small unit. think proportionally- the ghould head is probably about 1/4th the size of the body. make this head sized the same compared to the mummy body.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ok, how about these?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

undead mummy bighead is the best one. it looks really good, but i don't see it as an upgrade of ghoul. maybe as one of a walking corpse? (if you do, scale the unit down about 5:4)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I don't think ghoul=>mummy is a logical upgrade, your mummies look good and should have their own devemlopement path... after all it's easy to imagine a mummie lord and a mummie king...
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

Boucman wrote:I don't think ghoul=>mummy is a logical upgrade, your mummies look good and should have their own devemlopement path... after all it's easy to imagine a mummie lord and a mummie king...
Please...Mummy Pharoah.
The Eponymous Archon
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Nice sun glasses! 8)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

turin wrote:undead mummy bighead is the best one. it looks really good, but i don't see it as an upgrade of ghoul. maybe as one of a walking corpse? (if you do, scale the unit down about 5:4)
ok here is big head short bodied mummy, and a shorter body yet
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

I don't mind 'em either way, big or small headed. We could pretend it's decay. :-)
The Eponymous Archon
Ave

Post by Ave »

Those are quite weird names.
Especially Necrophage :)
Ghast is a name i would use, though i'm tainted by AD&D...
Ave

Post by Ave »

Boucman wrote:I don't think ghoul=>mummy is a logical upgrade, your mummies look good and should have their own devemlopement path... after all it's easy to imagine a mummie lord and a mummie king...
Also add walking corpse (it is an unbandaged mummy:) at level 0.
Maybe in some scenarios, the walking corpses shouldn't advance though.

The bandages could be more whitish/dirty grey. They are too yellow now.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ave wrote: Maybe in some scenarios, the walking corpses shouldn't advance though.
is it possible in WML to specify in a scenario that particular unit types don't advance?