Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Drake Blademaster

Post by Drake Blademaster »

I agree. very good. :D
Freighter

Post by Freighter »

it's probably just my opinion but the ribbon on the left arm seems to throw the picture out of balance. i would try to replace it with something more subtle like a bracelet

other than that excelent :D
Wesnoth Acronym Guide
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothAcronyms

This link is here for my own purposes. But feel free to use it.
General Mac

Post by General Mac »

Very nice Redeth :D
Go Canucks Go!
Changeling

Post by Changeling »

I disagree with Freighter.

And i also wanted continue with the trend of Very Happy :D. It looks finished. :D
Freighter

Post by Freighter »

Changeling wrote:I disagree with Freighter
as i said it's probably just my opinion. Still, it looks good.

Smiley trend continued :D :D :D
Wesnoth Acronym Guide
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothAcronyms

This link is here for my own purposes. But feel free to use it.
Drake Blademaster

Post by Drake Blademaster »

:D
Changeling

Post by Changeling »

:D AGAIN! :D AGAIN! :D AGAIN! :D AGAIN! :D AGAIN!.... and so the legend continues
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

this is art contribution, not off topic.

please stop the useless spamming
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Rocket Slug

Post by Rocket Slug »

Freighter wrote:it's probably just my opinion but the ribbon on the left arm seems to throw the picture out of balance. i would try to replace it with something more subtle like a bracelet

other than that excelent :D
I still say that the "sleeve" (don't know the technical term for it) messes with the contours of the arm. Fix that, and I think the "balance" issue will be resolved.

The face's been fixed. If Battlestar wants to tweak it to his liking, then go ahead. I agree with Shadow Master. He's trying to draw a portrait for one of the most beautiful units in Wesnoth. We're going to critique this thing to death since the guys here will probably want it to look as nice as possible.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

I treasure the great suggestions but I'm not very good at revising the face after the body is done. I greatly value all of your support on this picture. The way I draw is from eyes->face->body, and I'm not very good at working at it backwards. Especially that it takes a lot of time for me to revise the face, longer than for me to draw an entire new picture. As for personal artistic development, I'll seek improvement by draw new pictures when I have time on my hands with those suggestions in mind.

Unless there's an overwhelming concensus on wanting to see this completed, I'll reconsider or draw a new version from scratch.
If someone wants to take over, that would be fine with me as well, or consider Redeth's version to be final.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

You have the general concept nailed down pretty good, so I do recommend a new version from scratch. Redrawing things is never a wasted effort, the only way to get good at anything is by hard practice, including practicing the same thing over again.
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Believe me, I'll keep a copy of one of the old drafts in the golden partition of my disk.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Ronin Teturo

Post by Ronin Teturo »

battlestar wrote:The way I draw is from eyes->face->body, and I'm not very good at working at it backwards.
I used to have this same approach, and invaribly, the same issues. Once I realized that the eyes are the soul of any piece and reversed my work order, a lot of issues resolved themselves. Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a try the next time you're playing around with a concept.

I like this a lot so far. Battlestar, do you mind if I take a crack at coloring Redeth's version?
Hey Wesnoth content creators! Need a colorist for your artwork? Click Here!
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

feel free :)
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Redeth's revised face looks very cool. However in that version (and some of the ones before it) all the moving of the head seems to have left the neck size or positioning or something off. IMO, her neck looks too wide and stocky.