Prehispanic Era Art (Will trade music for sprite art!)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
jdsampayo

Prehispanic Era Art (Will trade music for sprite art!)

Post by jdsampayo »

I'd love some quality sprites for my faction, but unfortunately I can't draw very well. I consider myself pretty good at music though (you can find some examples of my music here).

If a more experienced artist would be interested in creating some sprites for me, I'd be happy to compose some music in exchange.
Last edited by jdsampayo on June 4th, 2007, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

I'll take you up on that offer, if the sprites in http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14587 look good enough to you, I'll do a portion of the sprites for you. I'm on a schedule so I think I can only produce one to two sprites per week, takes me about 2 to 3 hrs to do each one, the way I do it. I'm interested to have custom music of certain themes for the demon campaign that I'm making. How do you want to trade it?
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

woa! they don't look only good, they are excellent, very nice!

As for the trade, after reading the entire topic you posted, well I have some ideas.

First of all, I want your opinion about the song Mictlan (in the first post of this topic is the link).
Cause I composed that song in a similar thematic, Mictlan is the place where the mexicas go after death, it's not like the hell, but it has a similar concept.
Anyway, maybe the entire song is off-topic, but what is your opinion about the intro of the song? Cause my ideas are similar to that.

bytes.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

yea i know this isnt offtopic, but i just couldnt resist.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

I want to show you some songs that I'd like the new ones made in similar themes. They are probably out of your composing style but if you can give a try that would be great. Mictlan sounds pretty nice, and it would fit nicely with an underground/cave map. I'd like to have some similar to orcish themed music because the demons should be just as brutal as the orcs and possess many other similar behaviors.

Let me know which unit you want me to work on first.
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

Show me please the songs to give me an idea of what you want.

And, please take a look to the Tepeyolotl, for that unit I want some sprites please; the link is the same of the first post.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

To create the music I use my guitar, then I write the notes in the computer.
As I don't have the money to have all of the instruments used, the computer must do the work for me, for that I use SoftSynths, I use the YAMAHA Software Synthesizer XG-50.

Feel free to ask if you want more info.

bytes.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

kshinji wrote:I won't show my pieces - i wopuld be ashamed to listen people compare them to yours , which are thrice... million times better
No way, you must show your work.

If I feel ashamed of people that listen my music and compare it with Mozart music that is a million times better that mine (for me) I would never showed my music.

Let us listen your work, and we maybe can help with a little of constructive criticism.

bytes.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

I'll get the sprite in before next tuesday, and I'll pm you the music i had in mind.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

just in case you need it again:
Attachments
tepeyolotl.png
tepeyolotl.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Hey, you'll give me the rights to use the composed songs if I sprite for you?

If yes, you got a deal!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Also, it's funny that you used an image of Tezcatlipoca on that site, I want to sprite him some day, he's my favourite deity of all!
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Troy

Post by Troy »

OMG :shock:

you are back neo? :shock:
well, all for the better good than for the bad good.

new forum