Northern Rebirth

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

Recalling the scenario with Stalrag, he did seem suicide prone. But you can cover for him if you have the white mages and the red one. Simply kill/lower the hp of any troll in the area and block the way to the village Stalrag's holed up in. Seems once he's healed enough, Stalrag will then go to the keep and recruit some dwarves.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
taemyr

Post by taemyr »

hagabaka wrote: Since you're talking about using Camerin to finish the lich, you probably didn't get two white magi from the scenario "The Pursuit". Having them will make this turn, as well as the rest of the campaign much easier. See the walkthrough for how to obtain 5 characters (although you already found the spectre) and an item from that scenario.
Why does that walkthrough recommend that you spend little gold in an Old Friend? I start Settling disputes with 100 gold even though I had far more at the end of Old Friend.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

taemyr wrote:
hagabaka wrote: Since you're talking about using Camerin to finish the lich, you probably didn't get two white magi from the scenario "The Pursuit". Having them will make this turn, as well as the rest of the campaign much easier. See the walkthrough for how to obtain 5 characters (although you already found the spectre) and an item from that scenario.
Why does that walkthrough recommend that you spend little gold in an Old Friend? I start Settling disputes with 100 gold even though I had far more at the end of Old Friend.
That was Esr's personal way of doing it. It makes sense because (*spoilers*) you get all that stored up gold in the end for the final battle. However, I myself usually recruit enough to get a heafty army so I can build up some experince for my new units. Either way, they both stratagies work, you can either horde gold, or horde experince, your call.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Angry Andersen

Post by Angry Andersen »

Or sit back in the cave and level a handful of newly recruited units fully supported by healing and leadership. This saves gold and gives you a couple of new lvl2 or lvl3s.
Sly

Post by Sly »

I just had 2 little bugs :
- When choosing the dark side in Clearing the mines, the scenario end (that's normal) but I still get the ending dialogue between Tailin and Hamel when the Lich flee ... pretty strange :P
- In the following scenario (Compelled), I can recruit footpads wich is strange (I checked the .cfg and there is only Walking Corpse in my recruit list)

I play the mainline version of Northern Rebirth on Wesnoth 1.3.7 :wink:

Edit : another one : Tailin in Lich form is still Lawfull (wich is a PITA in caves :x )
Edit 2 : a fourth : the scenario objectives in Protecting the master are a bit wrong :

Code: Select all

Victory : Resist Till the End of Turns
Defeat : Turns run out
Wich is a bit confusing :P
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Sly wrote:I just had 2 little bugs :
- When choosing the dark side in Clearing the mines, the scenario end (that's normal) but I still get the ending dialogue between Tailin and Hamel when the Lich flee ... pretty strange :P
- In the following scenario (Compelled), I can recruit footpads wich is strange (I checked the .cfg and there is only Walking Corpse in my recruit list)

I play the mainline version of Northern Rebirth on Wesnoth 1.3.7 :wink:

Edit : another one : Tailin in Lich form is still Lawfull (wich is a PITA in caves :x )
Edit 2 : a fourth : the scenario objectives in Protecting the master are a bit wrong :

Code: Select all

Victory : Resist Till the End of Turns
Defeat : Turns run out
Wich is a bit confusing :P
Ugh, those are some pretty nasty bugs. I'll get to them soon. Thanks :-)

dfranke
Inactive Developer

Post by dfranke »

A couple issues with 'The Pursuit':

1. If one white mage is killed before the other is freed, you get nonsensical one-sided dialogue. While you're at it, make sure something sensible happens if you free one mage and then complete the scenario without freeing the other. I haven't tried this, but if one bug snuck through then I'm guessing the other did too.

2. What happens if you beat the scenario prior to discovering and looting the treasury? A bunch of the plot afterwards wouldn't make any sense, and the last scenario would be pretty much unwinnable. There should be some sort of safeguard in place to make this impossible.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

dfranke wrote:A couple issues with 'The Pursuit':

1. If one white mage is killed before the other is freed, you get nonsensical one-sided dialogue. While you're at it, make sure something sensible happens if you free one mage and then complete the scenario without freeing the other. I haven't tried this, but if one bug snuck through then I'm guessing the other did too.

2. What happens if you beat the scenario prior to discovering and looting the treasury? A bunch of the plot afterwards wouldn't make any sense, and the last scenario would be pretty much unwinnable. There should be some sort of safeguard in place to make this impossible.
Good questions both. I see if I can cook up something to answer them :-)

Sly

Post by Sly »

Juste found 2 other bugs :wink: :
- In A Ray of Hope, I think there may be shroud, by the way the dialogues are :wink:
- Judgement is unplayable : I get a "Atempt to deserialize an empty unit" massage. :?
Last edited by Sly on September 30th, 2007, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

Chek your spelling
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Tom of wesnoth INCORRECTLY wrote:Chek your spelling
Oh, the irony.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

Ok the de-serilize unit thing massage
TheChronoMaster

Post by TheChronoMaster »

thespaceinvader wrote:
Tom of wesnoth INCORRECTLY wrote:Chek your spelling
Oh, the irony.
The burning, cosmic irony.
Not a particularly good Wesnoth player, but getting there. If anyone wants to go up against me, feel free to PM me.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

The irony, it burns like the sun.

</OT>

Honest. Sorry guys.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

Ha ha what does that mean