What is wrong with these cfgs? I really need help

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

What is wrong with these cfgs? I really need help

Post by Espreon »

Thank you for clicking on this thread, now I need help. I am crafting a campaign and I created a test scenario in order to test some custom terrain and some units but these infernal errors occur:

Code: Select all

20080331  error config: Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/utils/abilities.cfg:7
20080331  error config: Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/units/elemental-monarchs.cfg:4
20080331  error config: preprocessor symbol 'TERRAIN_BASE_FL' expects 4 arguments, but has 3 arguments at data/core/terrain-graphics/base.cfg:37 included from data/core/_main.cfg:19 included from data/_main.cfg:4 included from C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/terrain-graphics/precedence.cfg:14
20080331  error config: Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/terrain.cfg:6
20080331  error config: Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/scenarios/test.cfg:3
20080331  error config: Quoted string not terminated at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/_main.cfg:27
20080331  error config: error reading usermade add-on 'C:/Documents and Settings/spanek/Application Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands'
20080331  error general: The following add-on(s) had errors and could not be loaded:
C:/Documents and Settings/spanek/Application Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands
ERROR DETAILS:
^Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/utils/abilities.cfg:7
^Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/units/elemental-monarchs.cfg:4
^preprocessor symbol 'TERRAIN_BASE_FL' expects 4 arguments, but has 3 arguments at data/core/terrain-graphics/base.cfg:37 included from data/core/_main.cfg:19 included from data/_main.cfg:4 included from C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/terrain-graphics/precedence.cfg:14
^Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/terrain.cfg:6
^Nested quoted string at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/scenarios/test.cfg:3
^Quoted string not terminated at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/_main.cfg:27
^Missing closing tag for tag campaign at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/_main.cfg:1 at C:/Documents\ and\ Settings/spanek/Application\ Data/Google/GoogleEarth/BfW/userdata/data/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/_main.cfg:11
^
Now if you were wondering why my BfW install has such a weird path and is buried within Google Earth's data folder it is because I am hiding BfW from my noobish IT at my school (I know he is a noob as he is my mentor.).

But any way I checked the files and I see nothing wrong with the quoted strings.

I attached the files to the post so you generous people can look at them.

Also this is my first time creating a serious campaign I am deterimined to finish.

In addition I know little to nothing about TerrainWML.

And yes Shadow Master if you are seeing some of the files I based it off of some of yours from IFtU for 2 reasons, 1 I am lazy to type things over again and 2. Your structure is clean so I decided to base my loader cfgs off of yours.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
stuff.zip
(7.41 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: What is wrong with these cfgs? I really need help

Post by Iris »

Espreon wrote:And yes Shadow Master if you are seeing some of the files I based it off of some of yours from IFtU for 2 reasons, 1 I am lazy to type things over again and 2. Your structure is clean so I decided to base my loader cfgs off of yours.
Holy cow, my loader cfg files are target of wmllint's hatred, actually. I have struggled to force wmllint to accept them with lots of directives. Anyway, disregard this paragraph and just remember that mine is far from a standard convention. I use them because I'm more familiarized with C-style things and WML macros is one of them.

I'll check them later if nobody beats me to it.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Shadow Master wrote:
Espreon wrote:And yes Shadow Master if you are seeing some of the files I based it off of some of yours from IFtU for 2 reasons, 1 I am lazy to type things over again and 2. Your structure is clean so I decided to base my loader cfgs off of yours.
Holy cow, my loader cfg files are target of wmllint's hatred, actually. I have struggled to force wmllint to accept them with lots of directives. Anyway, disregard this paragraph and just remember that mine is far from a standard convention. I use them because I'm more familiarized with C-style things and WML macros is one of them.

I'll check them later if nobody beats me to it.
Well thank you for telling me that. So should I avoid using your loader files as a base then?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

At _main.cfg:

description= _ "Once upon a time, in the lands east of Wesnoth; known as The Silver Lands. In these lands lie a divine, mystical power held by five entities which are the embodiments of the elements themselves. Long after The Fall a great evil rose and almost swallowed the entire Great Contient in its great conquest, however this empire was stopped in its tracks. This evil was not entirely stopped however, as new messenger of Chaos has appeared. You a member of an ancient order of mages must unite the five divine entities and stop this evil before a new Chaos Empire is formed..."+"

"+_"(Intermediate Level.)"+"
[/campaign]
Notice the unterminated quote just before [/campaign], it makes the node terminator go inside the string literal. You probably didn't want that +" either, or forgot to add some text.

I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that screws up the preprocessor chain.
Well thank you for telling me that. So should I avoid using your loader files as a base then?
If you like them and understand their purpose and effect, you could leave them as is. Otherwise, go with the expanded form, which is not really a huge amount of text to add.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Shadow Master wrote:At _main.cfg:

description= _ "Once upon a time, in the lands east of Wesnoth; known as The Silver Lands. In these lands lie a divine, mystical power held by five entities which are the embodiments of the elements themselves. Long after The Fall a great evil rose and almost swallowed the entire Great Contient in its great conquest, however this empire was stopped in its tracks. This evil was not entirely stopped however, as new messenger of Chaos has appeared. You a member of an ancient order of mages must unite the five divine entities and stop this evil before a new Chaos Empire is formed..."+"

"+_"(Intermediate Level.)"+"
[/campaign]
Notice the unterminated quote just before [/campaign], it makes the node terminator go inside the string literal. You probably didn't want that +" either, or forgot to add some text.
If you like them and understand their purpose and effect, you could leave them as is. Otherwise, go with the expanded form, which is not really a huge amount of text to add.

I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that screws up the preprocessor chain.
That helped alot!

Also Shadow Master I saw your thread asking wether Windows users should have "Independence" I say no, because shoving things in the Application Data would make Wesnoth not be a portable app any more (a portable app is an application that can be used from computer to computer while using the same settings.)

No metathreading please. -- Shadow Master
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

OK now Wesnoth is complaining about my map...

20080331  error display: could not open image 'userdata/campaigns/The_Silver_Lands/images/units/elemental-monarchs/ice-maiden.png'
20080331  error general: An error due to possible invalid WML occured
The error message is :
A map without a header is not supported

When reporting the bug please include the following error message :
Condition '!(header_offset == std::string::npos || comma_offset < header_offset)' failed at src/map.cpp:342 in function 'read'.
loadscreen: filesystem counter = 0
I attached the map.

EDIT: It gives me that error no matter what map I define to be loaded...
Attachments
test.map
(6.62 KiB) Downloaded 174 times