Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.31

Post by Ravana »

I plan to release 4.32 this weekend with EoMa updates.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Then I have no other option than doing the best I can do for Sunday 21th.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Post by IPS »

Done my part, let me know if I did something wrong so we can fix it in sunday in some time.
Did something wrong in clock-work upload one time, but I cannot delete the submit by myself.

The whole list of changes expected on 4.31 to 4.32 , as well of EOMA release.

Basically this udate will contain 2 balance reviews from me but in one release.
Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I added comments on the commits with issues, you should have emails.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.32

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.32 is out on the 1.16 and 1.17 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.32:
* Units and Factions
    * Era of Magic update
    * Rashy Era update
* Balance
    * Mostly changes about xp and resistances. Detailed notes can be found from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Ageless-for-1-14/blob/master/changelog/4.32/changelog-4.32.txt
* Bug Fixes
    * Deep elf darkness teleport
    * RE Aquana Warrior id conflict
* Other
    * Removed default time over advantage message
    * First release for 1.17
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been doing some few tests around the new factions (FL) , while if I have played some several hours and tested, I could diagnostic the actual main deficits in Altaris faction , as well concluiding that all the corrections done to Blood Elves are correct and in gameplay they look fair and strong considering blood elves have no slowers nor healers.

More testing is going to be done around all Ageless, incluiding EOMA.

Listing some upcoming changes,ressults of my testing
Spoiler:
Last edited by IPS on February 9th, 2024, 12:28 am, edited 18 times in total.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Forgotten Legends is in now?? Wow. A personal fave of mine.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Atreides wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 8:44 pm Forgotten Legends is in now?? Wow. A personal fave of mine.
Yupy it was added like 7 months ago, in 4.30 , but the first 4.30 had certain bugs which been fixed in 4.31 and then in 4.32 AE variant of Altaris got buffed.

There are significant redesign in all factions, as some were too generic / factionaless virtues, so that been changed just a bit, but in short this did happen:
- Chosen is secret melee instead of blade , neutral instead of liminal
- Light Scout is Liminal instead of lawful, got some rasonably good ressistances for a swift-foot unit (30% on fire, no weaknesses in impact)
- Golems are completely different in lv2 than original ones, containing ranged attacks some of them!
- Altaris got standard of 30% arcane ressistance except in Light Scout.
- Altaris is planned to be 40% & 2 MP cost in frozen , 2 MP cost in mountains but only 20% defense in sand and 40% in mushroom (for 4.33 release).
- Some blood elves units got regenerates (Minotaurs, Phoenix, Max level Pyro mage)
- Minor resistances adjustment and movement costs more similar of EE & EOMA dark elves.
- Pirates got a lot of reworks too, still, even if stronger in Ageless (Except for no steadfast on lv1 sea monster) , they still underperform a bit.
- Natives are now 60% forest defense and 1 MP cost, additionally they have 40% on sands and are more resistant to (10%)
- Amazon's original design was really but really terrible, so archers got fire arrows in their ranged , harpies got a normal attack and a no-counter-attack too.
- Shield guardians got a slowing impact melee that can be used ONLY in offensive
- Murderess got improved a bit, so they can be viable in many more gamemodes.
- Amazons did also get bonus of 1 MP cost in forest, 60% in forest if I remember correctly and some amazons are 50% flat defense.
- Ageless did also fix all summon related bugs from original Forgotten Legends Era

Also I recommend to check all units in Forgotten Legends Era, as they might be significantly different in comparation of original ones, but belive me, more viable in Ageless Ecosystem with my changes.

Still I'm listing in the previous post (the one before yours) all changes I'm noting to add for ageless for a next release.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been a bit innactive in wesnoth community or testing, but I got some info to leak about certain ageless rebalance changes, specially adding more AND MORE existing roles among the units that already exists.

For example, I'ma clarify some of the already planned roles:

- Assasins: Melee units that usually do burst of high damage but are extremely fragible and they depend on sneak tactics, and assertive risk management. Most includes high damage values or backstab special. While this role exists in default, there are only 2 units featuring this role (Orcish Assasin & Thieves), but idea in Ageless is adding more diversity in this role.
- Duelist: Melee fighters that are swift and deadly in offensive, but are kinda bad at taking damage, they're something between Assasins and Fighters. Con examples of this are most swift foots with high damage, Seeker from Deep elves, Nightmaiden from Deep elves, Vampire duelists in both MiE and EOM (which are bit different because of different bonus in 4.32's).
- Clerics: These are a very specific type of healers, usually with lower ranged damage than other type of healers but they feature very often higher HP than mages and also a decent melee for retaliations, also they feature very low XP to lv3 as the damage gain is very minimal and HP doesn't carry matches at all. Kharos Prophetess is not at this role because she's more mage than Cleric.
- Sharpshooters/Snipers: it's the same than Duelist but ranged and with worse tankyness and ranged, the role exists in default with the Elvish Marksman, but I will make this role more diverse.
- Rangers: this role already exists in default, but best examples of more diversity in this role are from my Work on Rashy Era Rangers! which thanks of the approval of Vyrcyn I could manage to make each one of them very unique and less copypaste from others or even from default !!!

There will be also more sub roles in each category , for example, the easiest to explain are:
- Bruisers: they're fighter that shine at most because of high damages and they're very deadly in melee vs melee combat, but still their weaknesses are either poor tankyness OR poor movement (one of the two in most cases), in this category falls to Chaos Invaders, Minotaur Fighters (BEEM) , some others, still some units are more close of average fighter and others are more specific on this Bruiser Role.
- Offtank: They're like tanks that already exists in factions like Primeval (Bright shields) or in Orc Knagates (Shielders) , but unlike this TANKS, offtanks usually are bit worse at taking damage but deal more damage (UM before their buff was a perfect example of a Lv3 having Lv4 HP but lv2 Damages) , so I'm considering how to make more units to fall in this category as the only existing one is Titan in Enchanter's faction and some giants/colossus in very specific factions. Also offtanks features usually more HPs and tankyness than most melee fighters.
- Pirate fighter: this sound contradictory that most of the units in this role are from FL - Pirates, but to explain it, these fighters usually are low in physical resistances but usually with better fire/cold ressistances and bonuses in water tiles. Factions containing units in this category are also Swimmers, almost the whole South Seas from Archaic, and some other cases... but idea behind this making a whole world of fighters in this category.

As well , keeping most of defaultish roles but with a vast diversity of ways to archive this goal, as well making new more more unique roles that even very few units have, for example:
- Mobile Artillery: Best example of this role are the Scout robots in Arcahic, They are intend to be a kind of very mobile artillery that has excentric pro's and cons, avoiding being massively underpowered as they used to be in Arcahic Era.
- Whole world of spectres sub-roles: There a lot of different spectres with different attack specials and ressistance variations, so each one of this units is pretty unique.
- A lot more! which is even difficult to me to explain! XD

But in overall, the idea behind this 2024 is making Ageless considerably more balanced with EOMA buffs and ofc, making random generated recruit lists or random faction rols be much more entertaining specially in competitive (pvp) games. Ageless don't need to be perfectly balanced but fair enough to make RANDOM be fun enough to be an important aspect in the era.

Lastly, I'm planning to add the new units that I couldn't add before in 4.30 and 4.31 (few examples ARE ... a lv3 option B advancement for Blue Mage) , The Lv2 Mother Wisp on Deep Elves as well of the Corrupted which will contain very excentric ressistances (and weakness) and featuring secret ranged +aimed attack as deep elves are trully hard to balance out of a spam of BLADE / ARCANE / IMPACT (not even good mounts of pierce dmg at all) so it's a good argument that adding them a lv3 with secret attack could be a good idea. As well in a previous time after really long Steel Hive got their racketeers because Steelhive was not having any physical ranged attack which is impressible for a faction to be balanced.

And will regain the project on Ageless Great Wars some time soon, that project was not forgiven by me.

So, there will be a lots of news in this 2024 regards ageless and making it more diverse, fair and fun to use, so players don't feel ashamed if getting a "low" tier faction because even low tier factions will be viable enough to not leak and forcing a lose because of being so weak. Tierlist WILL STILL exist, but the gap will not be insane high between each step in the ladder.
IPS

Post by IPS »

IPS wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 3:02 pm Listing some upcoming changes,ressults of my testing
Spoiler:
Heard that in March 17th will be the 1.18 wesnoth update, so I'ma work hard to list, extend and then implement the changes listed IN THIS LIST. And still adding more in the list while some days occurs, I plan to implement them in the 2nd week of February.

Some values could differ in the end result, but most of these values and proposals will be kept intact. I'm starting to implement and code once I got so many and want to transcribe the changes.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Found a tiny error in the Hipparch (calydonian BEEM). It's looking for ...sword1/2 in it's hit anim but the files are ...attack1/2
IPS

Post by IPS »

Uploaded all planned balance changes, but considering I'm sick I doubt there will be any chances of planned new units in this release :(

The list of changes been quite long still not as long as most balance reworks... still there were some significantly drastic changes in certain factions as in Blight and many others which I wanted them to have much better performance at exotic terrains because their gameplay is just bit awful without that...

Lastly, in 4.34 my goals will include adding more descriptions and probably working in the Lore of certain units that right now have no descriptions. The first ones on my focus are Altaris, Blood Elves and Frozen. While still working gradually and slowly in pirates descriptions to match their society.

Lastly, still have in mind working in certain Ageless projects as this one named Ageless GreatWars, which I hope it be done somewhere behind Q1 and Q2 of this 2024.

For my surprise, in my review I realized that some of this factions were working significantly worse than what I guessed they would... so in some cases big changes were required.

This is the changelog (balance changes) that will be added in the next Ageless update.
Spoiler:
IPS

Post by IPS »

After I realized I got lot more time to work in Ageless Stuff, at certain point I realized that the mount of factions that I didn't review were so few in comparation of already reviewed... so... all factions BEEN analyzed in this pre 1.18 cause of that!

So including 4.32 and 4.33, al factions been analyzed, and some been analyzed twice CONSECUTIVELY (particularly the more experimental ones as FL - Altaris and AE - Deep Elves.

The EXCEPTION to this norm, are:
1.- Kthons, the codes behind thrallment is A MESS, units not having a special on melee attack gains this THRALLMENT special, so adding new attacks or stuff to make this unit act different is akward and dififcult progress, so I don't review this.

2.-EOC - Quenoth Elves, personally I rather discontinue this faction from pickable factions, I've espent some effort in AE - Desert elves some time ago to replace EOC - Quenoth Elves, appart that somewhere Quenoth Elves are a different project that is far more important than EOC - Quenoth Elves which I think, deserves far better the name than EOC variant... better just remove and focus more in AE - Desert Elves in my personal Criteria.

3.- I plan a day to re-open as playable faction EOC - Summoners (or elementals) , as one time I was working in rebalancing them ... and then SOMEONE :roll: magically locked that faction even if in that momments it was having better balance than EOM - Elementals in 2018 times. I personally see no truth reason to lock this faction this way lol , even some units as Ethreal Orbs and summoner line (summoners been rebalanced by the way, the rest not) were interesting propossal as units.

Just a explanation of certain changes and goals archieved in 4.33
Spoiler:
Changelog 4.33
Spoiler:
IPS

Post by IPS »

Few things been added and also leaked some plans of upcoming new units for another release (not this 4.33)

And also added a massive rework on AE - Deep Elves to finally take rid of EOC - Quenoth Elves in this update.

I think most probable is that I don't touch anymore upcoming release 4.33 , but if I do , this post will be edited with the mention of all added/modified.

This time I add an attachments to see how many readers we've got in forums :lol:
Attachments
changelog-4.33.txt
(35.25 KiB) Downloaded 17 times