Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Benignity

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.14

Post by Benignity »

I have a small criticism for my favourite faction - the Windsong.
The Seeker unit has male sounds, but the description (yes, I'm one of those people who read the faction descriptions) says that the Windsong are only made up by women. That would be a small inconsistency, but I did notice it. Obviously that's of very low priority, but I thought it might be worth pointing out.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Its level 2 has expected sound? If so, then I just change HUMAN_OLD_HIT to HUMAN_FEMALE_HIT.
Last edited by Ravana on June 24th, 2016, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed
Benignity

Post by Benignity »

Okay, did some testing and yeah, all Seekers undergo a spontaneous sex change. Thank you for the tip; I really appreciate it :)

EDIT: Oh gosh, I misread and thought you told me to do it myself. (Didn't see the ..."I" just...) So thank you for willing to change that. Although I did manage to change it successfully (and learnt a bit about coding while doing so), so yay for tired reading?
Last edited by Benignity on April 6th, 2016, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheEnclave

Post by TheEnclave »

As a new player im happy to see that things are still alive around here
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, talking now about devling balance at Orocia gameplay and overall gameplay. First of all, Devling Orocia gameplay problems are mainly caused due problems of durability (weaker resistances and only 50% castle defense) even on their higher levels.

Possible solutions to change their balance at Orocia but not alterating their original concepts:
- Most lv0 will left unchanged, except a pair of unit lines.
- Considerations to lv1 and higher levels devlings like 60% castle defense and small resistances buffs to increase their durability by not changing drastically their basic gameplay on PvP matches because they are already a strong faction consdering the swarm of little units they can do by stacking a fast growing army with poor upkeep.

So on this spoiler I can add a long list of balance changes to make them considerably more viable at Orocia but not changing their unique grace of a fast growing army with poor upkeep:
Spoiler:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

In the Era of Myths the devlings received some changes, most lvl 0 became lvl 1.
The cursers kept mostly their values (price, damage, ...), but give more xp on getting killed and cost upkeep.
For the Nailers it's different.
I think due to that changes in the past it needs more looking into it.
If you would like to work on the balance, you are very welcome, I myself lack the gaming experience for it.
Have here a look for comparison:
Devlings in Ageless Era - Devlings in EoM (5.17)
The plan is to include them into Ageless in summer.
Spoiler:
Try out the dark board theme.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well after reading shiki post this what I have to say. Keep in mind this is about EoM (5.17) devlings which are distingably diferent than Ageless ones. Ageless ones are an older version of Devling faction.
Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Khadras

Post by Khadras »

Hi! With last version of the mod the game crashed without any message when some units upgrades to level 3 or 4.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Known, it is from stone statues unit line, until next update(summer) try to avoid them. Currently having had unit with stone ability on map is enough to make all advancements have quite high chance to crash.

Though there should have been message in stderr, no need to look in this case as I already know the reason.
Khadras

Post by Khadras »

Ravana wrote:Currently ageless does not use any faction directly from wotg, so please be more specific what units you mean.

From what I have heard wotg has only few factions, though way too large ones. That is not suitable for ageless. Some unit lines might be included as new faction though, if there are suitable ones.

I find that comment especially amusing considering what you said about wotg today
The list of recruits is to big. Please split factions into smaller ones.
You understand me totally wrong. I want to say that are new and polished graphics for some units in WOTG mod, units that in your mod are with old graphics. And in WOTG are with 598 more units than Ageless Era, so i want to ask you kindly to see what are this units and to add them into your mod ordered in faction. WOTG has 2894 units and Ageless Era has 2296. I like to see all WOTG 2894 units arranged in factions, not in few factions with lots of units like in WOTG, but in many factions with normal number of units like in Ageless Era. But Ageless Era has just 2296 units from 2894 units of WOTG.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

wotg has so much units because most of them are duplicates. The actual unique unit count is much, much lower.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I will see if I can create easy way for sorting those units... sounds that much work that it might need faction creation IDE.

Nevertheless, I doubt this will work for images, so there you still need to say where are images you call old.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

IPS, Thanks for the examples, I see that it makes very much sense to add an arcane attack.
Try out the dark board theme.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well on this post I will coment about some healers with some "issues" at being or slightly OP or underpowered.

1.- Water Avatar/Water god at Al-Kamija:
It's known that water avatar (lv2) has heal +4 and that Water god can heal up to +8 at lv3. The only problem is that the xp to gain a water god is a way too high, killing with this unit to gain 70 xp (100% xp modifier) is not an easy task with only 8-2 and 10-2 atacks. A possible sugestion is to make Water Avatar heal+6 tier or lowering xp needed to optain a Water god.

2.- Mystic at Dark Blood Aliance
The line works fine at healing, at lv2 looks all fine, but Mystic looks a bit too weak if we consider that Clan Leader needs 100 xp to level up to Mystic. A sugestion would be to lower the required XP to level up him or making Mystic worth of spending 100 xp (100% modifier) for a Clan Leader.

3.- Elder Sage at Welkings
It's known that sages at lv1 are among best healers avalible in lv1, but the problem is that Elder Sage is a bit too weak compared to most healers. It's seen that some healers are 7-4 magical cold likely Clan Leader, 9-3 likely white mage, or so, but Elder Sage is only 6-3 magical cold which is practically lv1 damage. Sugestion is to make his damage more significant and probably giving him a small cold res as a bonus (may be)

4.- Rune Purist vs Arcane rune Splicer
Rune purist brings us an interesting new ability named concentrated that per each sucessful strike the next strike will do +1 damage than the previous and so. Well, the point is that first of all place, let's calculate most probable damage by multiplicating 12x0.7 (average sucesful strikes at 70% out of 12 strikes) which gives us 8.4 (rounded down to 8 ). Which is calculated by an average amount of 36 damage and 45 if you're lucky of landing one more strike.

Now, comparing it to Arcane rune Splicer we get something, he has 2 diferent arcane atack types and an completely bonus fire atack. Both units heal +8, but actually Arcane rune splicer has much better base stats than Rune purist. Also I have no idea how to make Rune purist better balanced due concentrated is a factor I don't know how to handle at all.

5.- Holy Order's Priest
Looking that both of his atack are mele, the only thing I can say is that he's among weak fighting performance healers I've seen. Cleric line looks expensive and weak compared to other healers we've seen, apart that an elvish shaman is much more useful for just 15g than clerics actually are. So for lv1 a considerable reprice would help a lot by making him among most cheap healers (probably 13g tier) and lv2 needs better stats due both of his atacks are mele and are weak.

6.- Clergyman at holy order
It's another lv2 healer with poor fighting performance. 6-4 mele is weak, no ranged as well, looks weak. Something that could make him more useful is to make him more tanky, or improving damage or giving him 6 MP. But I'm sure it's one of most weak healers. Also their lv1 costs 14g and have similar stats than Clerics at holy order, so sounds rasonable the feedback given earlier.

7.- Primevalist Celebrant
Looking at this unit on Primevalist faction, inmediatly noticed that a healing+4 on a faction with many regenerates unit is not helping that much. Still the faction have human lines which can optain benefits from him. His fighting potential is nice and his no lv3 looks fine consdering you give arcane to the faction if optaining him. Not underpowered nor overpowered, this healer is a fine fighter, but I'm thinking that maybe with cures as well would fit better his no lv3 options.

8.- Ukian Seress
The unit looks fine by itself, but the xp to lv3 looks a bit too high, it won't be that hard last hitting with 7-3 ranged, but lookslike she has to suffer more than most healers to can finally heal +8. The unit by itself looks completely fair to me, only complain is her required xp to lv3.

edit: adding more cases
9.- Hierophant, Dark Prophet & Wizards at anakes
The first 2 units in the line, are heal+8 units and the other is the lv3 of the non healing option. All 3 are all somehow weak in damage. Hierophant is much weaker than white mage is, dealing -2 ranged damage per strike and having -20% arcane resistance as well that Dark Prophet is weaker than mage of light. Sugestion for those 2 first one is giving them a small boost of damage and to arcane resistance. Sugesting to make these -20% arcane resistance to 0% for Hierophant maybe for Darkprophet giving him an aura which increases alied Arcane resistance by 30% instead of Light of Mage's illuminates. Wizards are also weaker than most lv3 mages by dealing only 10-4, maybe increasing damage or in another case giving them precision instead of more damage could make them a better lv3; also as something optional giving to Wizards 20% to both cold and fire resistance.

10.- Botanist at Dalefolk
I'm not sure if that unit needs a buff, but by viewing his stats 7-3 arcane poison looks somehow poor for AE standards. Maybe he could be rewarded by something special like "anti poison" seen in Archaic southern orcs by allowing Botanist not losing health by poison, but delaying his posterior heals.

11.- Eventide Alchemists
This case refers of a heals+4 unit. At first sight his stats looks somehow boring, but he's a somehow versatile mele fighter with ranged poison that can poison enemies using ranged atacks. Maybe for this one we can add cures in order to make him a way better than most of simplistic lv1 healers with just heals+4. As well giving him a small but considerable fire resistance of +15% due of working with fire commonly and not sure but giving him +1 mele damage per strike at both weapon to his lv2 and lv3.

12.- Wizard at Aragwaithi
This is the case of a healer with good damage, good healing powers, but a way too low health. 31 hp for a lv2 unit is extremely low, maybe if it had 35 hp as white mages does, would be easier to use. As well that Sorceress has lv2 hp but at being lv3.

13.- Mistral Rime Keeper at Issaelfr
Another case of a good unit suffering a lot to finally gaining heals+8. Only complaits about this healer is the lot of xp this needs to finally heal+8 which could be problematic for survival scenarios.

14.- Sober at highlanders
This is the first case of a unit that doesn't has heal to be listed in the list of healers. But the fact is that this unit has a choice that allows him to heals+8 (yup, extremely curious how a berserker at lv1 can become to a more pacific healer+8 at lv3 if chosen to be this). Its xp are extremely high to reach lv3. Also, at Coldturkey it has inspire which only works for lv0 and lv1, may be this needs to be considered for something better as leadership or just another kind of compesation.

15.- Spirit Jay at Phantom
It's an extremely curious case of a scouting unit that can heal. It has no lv2, so actually its stats are a bit too weak to be no lv2 unit. Probably changing its heals+4 into heals+6 could make of this unit a much more considerable one to own of if looking at Archaic for a possible advancement for it then add a lv2 option to it. Considering that units with no lv2 at AE should be something really special then I see no problems by making this heals+6.
Last edited by IPS on April 24th, 2016, 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

1) As seen from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... _Water.cfg , once it had 150. But I guess further reduction would be all right.

2) Yes, both Clan Leader and Mystic have quite high xp.

3) I guess it could have more damage

4) Another strike maybe.

5,6,7,8) Agreed.

You can still edit the same post, I will check its link when its time to start implementing changes.

9) Damage part sounds good, resists too. However, I do not want resistance aura or precision there.

10) I guess self-cure would fit there.

11) Sounds good, but not 15%, no need to go into +-5% there.

12) Aragwaithi arent weak, so might need to lower damage if increasing hp.

13) Agreed.

14) Indeed, that unit line has had no attention so far.

15) Agreed.
Last edited by Ravana on June 24th, 2016, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Implemented