Wesnoth-Compiled guides released! Download them freely.

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rocket16

Wesnoth-Compiled guides released! Download them freely.

Post by rocket16 »

Hello all. I just released the Wesnoth-Compiled PDF Books, containing 360 pages of information on Wesnoth. Everything, like Strategies, tips, Stories and everything you can find online about Wesnoth are compiled together in a fashioned, organized and simple way, in the forms of two PDF Books.

Choice 1: Simple version, with default fonts http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmgtjt3otzo

Choice 2:Better version, with Comic Sans MS, my favorite font (visually better, better to read and look at). I am a Linux user, and use it with mscorefonts System. So, make sure to have mscorefonts to download this. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ynkzqowe4uf

The creation is humble, but enjoyable. If you like it, please:

1. Spread words about this to everywhere, like Wesnoth Multiplayer.
2. Share this with your friends.
3. Send feedbacks to anirban16chatterjee@gmail.com

With regards,
rocket16 (Anirban Chatterjee)
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth-Compiled guides released! Download them freely.

Post by ancestral »

Comic Sans MS is your favorite font? I am sorry for you.

http://vimeo.com/1994310

The PDF version could use some better formatting; like page 305 is blank, and I’m thinking that wasn’t intentional. Most of the main article links are broken; some pages just need to be proof-read; page 301 has JavaScript code in it.

I guess I’m confused why someone wouldn’t prefer to use the wiki. If you’re planning on making an offline text then I’d encourage you to actually use a page layout application and set it right. Use appropriate typefaces, put in headers and footers, insert graphics as they are needed, and most importantly, cite the sources from where you’ve pulled information from.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
rocket16

Post by rocket16 »

I am sorry, but the guide is just version 1. I am soon planning to make it better. Anyway, thanks for pointing out mistakes. But "most of the links ae broken" What does this mean? Maximum of the links actually work. And managing lots of information isn't easy, I am a programmer and student, not any PDF-Designer. Anway, thanks for your concern.

Re: Also, About Page 305 and Page 301, mistakes are there, but I am rectifying them. Nothing is flawless at the beginning. The Page-Layout, according to many, isn't a mess, though basic. I will imrove it gradually. The basic thing is that, whether people can benefit from it or not. Many people in Wesnoth Multiplayer are happy about this guide. 17 appreciated, while 7 criticised. But many others have downloaded. They told me to post this in Wesnoth-Forums.

And, I am sorry for you as well, because you hate one of the best fonts.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

At the very least, it needs a table of contents.
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
m0ta

Post by m0ta »

rocket16 wrote:And, I am sorry for you as well, because you hate one of the best fonts.
I know, I know, taste is subjective but Comic Sans is horrible and should've been banned from distribution since it has seen the dawn of light. Seriously, it misses everything a proper typeface needs to have.

Edit: And if you are a programmer and not a "PDF-Designer" it is still possible, to get something pleasing. I uploaded a quick sample with A4 paper size and Garamond as the main roman font. And I am *not* a PDF-Designer.
Attachments
main.pdf
(56.8 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
rocket16

Post by rocket16 »

Thanks m0ta. I am sorry, since I might have been rude. I appreciate your PDF (although two pages are blank). I will soon try to make it better.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I'd appreciate it if you didn't create a new topic whenever you reached a "major milestone" with this project of yours. I've locked this other one and deleted another from Users' as a result.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
rocket16

Post by rocket16 »

shadowmaster wrote:I'd appreciate it if you didn't create a new topic whenever you reached a "major milestone" with this project of yours. I've locked this other one and deleted another from Users' as a result.
Well, I was just trying to help. Since I am a programmer and among Ubuntu-developers, I thought it might help Ubuntu gaming. Since you are Criticising every move of mine, Shadowmaster, you can do whatever you like with my posts, since I won't waste my time here any longer, as my Ubuntuforum-colleagues say. And, since you are among the "Bosses" here, I can't fight with a crocodile in water. Anyway, I have tolerated this long enough. I quit posting in this forum.
rocket16

Post by rocket16 »

And, the other post at userforum, is just a copy of this. Fendrin helped me by making a copy of it here.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Dude, chill. Moderation happens, and it's been done politely here.

If you're that hypersensitive to it, the internet may be scary to you.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.