selfmade maps

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shagal

selfmade maps

Post by Shagal »

hi folks,

i like to ask if there is a possibility to deposit selfmade (amateur) maps? Are there any guideline for creation of mp maps? If there is a better place to post this topic, i 'd be glad to know. Thx in advance.

Best wishes
Shagal
PeterPorty
Translator

Re: selfmade maps

Post by PeterPorty »

uhhh.... the map editor? and then you click save?
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

Maybe he's trying to ask how you get a map included on the add-on server? Actually, that's something I'd like to know myself.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Shagal wrote:i like to ask if there is a possibility to deposit selfmade (amateur) maps? Are there any guideline for creation of mp maps?
You may want to check BuildingMultiplayer and BuildingMapsDistribution in the wiki for information (if I understood your questions correctly).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Shagal

Post by Shagal »

shadowmaster wrote:
Shagal wrote:i like to ask if there is a possibility to deposit selfmade (amateur) maps? Are there any guideline for creation of mp maps?
You may want to check BuildingMultiplayer and BuildingMapsDistribution in the wiki for information (if I understood your questions correctly).
yes that answers my question. Thx. Are there also guidelines somewhere how to balance a map (units, terrain, villages etc.) ?

Cheers,
Shagal
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19669

By "Guidelines" do you mean rules? I don't think there are any rules for making maps, so if that's the case, then you can do whatever. If you meant a guide, then the link above should help you.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra